Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Welcome!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome! New Member/Visitor area. Feel free to post up any questions you have about the site or the forums.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:28 AM

Default New member

New to the site but have owned a 1987 SSP Texas DPS mustang since 1998. I also bought a 1993 SSP P-71 Crown Vic Police car. Still have the Texas DPS Mustang number 184614 with DSO 57 ( Houston delivery ). Used it as a daily driver but now in the process of restoring it back to Black and White. I need a stack mount bracket for the light bar and siren control boxes. This car appears to have been a slick top as I see no hole drilled into the B post on the driver side like the ones that were equipped with the Code 3 LP 6000 light bar. I need a few things like a period correct DPS radio, really doesn't have to work and the antenna for the radio. I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and would like to see other 1987 Texas DPS Mustangs so I can see how the bracket mounts to the dash. Thanks for the nice web site.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:18 AM

Welcome to the forum!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 01-15-2017, 09:37 PM

Thanks Bill
Old 01-18-2017, 05:03 PM

Are you the same Wendell I spoke with a while ago when I had my 85 CHP for sale?

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 01-18-2017, 09:00 PM

Default New member

Bill, I am Wendell Finnegan and I don't think we have had the pleasure of talking on the phone. Looking forward to in the future though.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:43 AM

Default New member

Ran into this forum while doing some searching for another mustang guy.
Retired from LE 15 years ago. Never had a Mustang assigned to me, but drove them many times. My main reason for reading the various boards is looking at the restorations, and helping with the radios. Radios are my hobby, and have WAY too many so have been selling some, giving some away, and throwing some in the trash.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:44 PM
Admin

Welcome to the site.....looking forward to seeing some of those radios.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 05-08-2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petnrdx View Post
Ran into this forum while doing some searching for another mustang guy.
Retired from LE 15 years ago. Never had a Mustang assigned to me, but drove them many times. My main reason for reading the various boards is looking at the restorations, and helping with the radios. Radios are my hobby, and have WAY too many so have been selling some, giving some away, and throwing some in the trash.

Welcome...dont throw any away. I too have a truckload of radio stuff from the 50’s on up. I am donating most of it to a local police car restoration group in northern Ohio. They need old radios for their projects.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 01-29-2021, 05:32 AM

Default getting started on my 87 restoration/recreation

Looking for the following.
-1987 manual seats and tracks. want to replace power seats and tracks with manual. (any info on if this is possible and how to do it would be great) also not opposed to paying someone if they are fair and honest...not worried about timely as long as they can keep me updated once every few days if it takes that long which sometimes is the case. I am located in northern CA SF Bay Area)
--also looking for 1987 CHP SSP original grey cloth (or vinyl if that was an option) seats or at least the material as my seats are in good shape but the original cloth material on them now is worn. I am not opposed to the charcoal gray tweed or any other tasteful seats as I may not go 100 percent original on my restoration/recreation.
-- need grey carpet, headliner. both front and back seat upholstery, rear package tray and the factory style trunk carpet or surface cover material .
------need drivers and passenger stock kick panels
---fuse box cover
--factory shift knob.

--also looking for the bracket that held the chp radio and shotgun. I believe that it mounted to the dash and the floor on the passenger side somewhere.
--replica or non working chp radio
--rear outward facing light bar that was mounted on the rear package tray for oncoming traffic to see
--outward facing upper windshield mounted lights (if 87 chp ssp had them that would be good to know)
--factory radio and or delete panel
--great to have the various bumper stickers like "get it together" "dont drink and drive" D.A.R.E" or any of the other bumper stickers some units had on them.

Please email me directly at petercasper1969@gmail.com with any leads, items, comments or anything else you deem helpful. I may go days without checking fb and I do not know how to make my cellular phone ping when I get a fb message. If any one of you are in the business of finding and or installing any of this please.. I would love to make your acquaintance quick fast and in a hurry, or if you know of a good shop or person who can do these items...i would love to know about it.
----iso---wtb---wanting to buy--in search of---wanting to trade for--tags are in search of looking for, wanting to buy. wanting to trade for. searching for. iso-wtb.