Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2008, 11:49 AM
The White Fred Sanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988Bullitt View Post
I'll ask the guy, I know he ran his own shop before he started working at the Toyota Engine plant in Huntsville. (that's how I found out about the car, I work at the Truck plant in Princeton, IN and they supply our engines) We always swap stories when I am down there and I don't remember him ever saying he worked for C&L, and the carfax shows he was the only owner after the state, so if he did work for C&L the car was in his name not the companies. Like I said next time I talk to him I will ask.

Oh, I'm not saying any different....just a coincidence that he was located near C&L and they got a car too. Lee Bender (C&L owner) is a friend of mine...I called him for some details and he knows Keith..... Keith drove his car home from the auction while Lee at C&L's car had to be towed home...parts were missing from the car Lee bought and they paid about $1200....while Keith paid around $3500-$4000 he thinks but of course it was running/driving.

They won a world championship in 1995 with it....and it was mini tubbed for the last season they raced it because the rules allowed it....later they sold the car to Junior Ivenez who turned it into a turbo car and ran 7.80's 185mph around 2001. He got tired of people seeing the car and saying "That's C&L's old car" so it was repainted in a red/white/blue scheme.

Last heard the current owner was installing the drivetrain from Racin Jason's old white car into the old C&L car....and it was in Pennsylvania but after that the trail goes cold.