Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:29 PM

Default 1993 FLORIDA UNMARKED #1660 SSP

This is a 1993 Florida Highway Patrol unmarked #1660. The car is original as far as paint and interior and glass. I did mechanical repairs. The car runs fantastic. I replaced the tires with 2 Cooper (rear) and 2 Pirelli (front) correct size tires. The radiator(3 core), hoses, timing chain and gears, water pump, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, some vacuum hoses, timing cover and water pump bolts(ARP kit), and oil sending unit are all new. Also replaced and repaired ashtray door. I put what I believe to the correct antennas on the car. The transmission oil, filter and gasket have been changed. The rear axle grease and additive as well as gasket have been also changed. The grease and additive are Motorcraft as specified by Ford. I also replaced the right front inner tie rod and rear brake shoes. The exhaust is being replaced with a cat back system from Flowmaster. I am using the 3 chamber Delta 50 series system with stainless steel tailpipe tips. The PA300 works but is not installed. Also a Motorola radio is with the car but not installed. There is a radar unit on the dash with an antenna. The spare is flat but has an aluminum 10 bolt rim. Original manuals and warranty card there also. I have put at least 600 miles on the car taking it to shows. It had 93007 when I purchased and now has 93634. I am told it maybe 1 of 4 cars in 1993 unmarked in Bright Calypso Green. I have all the documentation given to me by the previous owner. The police items on the interior are as I purchased the car. The car is inspected and licensed in PA. I purchased this car because I liked the look of the notchback but wanted something special such as a SSP. I am an automatic vs. manual shift person. I own a 2006 and 2013 Mustang and just can not get used to a fox body. This is the very first one I ever owned. I do not want to leave the car just parked in a garage therefore am looking to give it a new home and prefer it not to be as a race car. I am listing the price as $8700.00 FIRM. You can view many pics at http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/ch...ry/1993%20ssp1 . Any questions please ask. Thanks Chuck
Old 09-10-2014, 06:38 PM

Default Update

The new exhaust system will be here 9/15. I will install it next week. Because I got a good price I am going to reduce the price and split the cost to $8500.00. I am considering Fall Carlisle in October but will not hold this price. Thanks for looking.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:50 PM

Default New Ehaust

The exhaust in on and sounds great. It was a cat back Flowmaster series 50 setup. The intermediate pipes are welded to the muffler like original. The mufflers have heat shields. The tailpipes are stainless steel. Car is done.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:17 PM

Bump. Gorgeous car!

Needs to go to a collector... not someone looking to just "build a coupe foxbody."
Old 10-03-2014, 10:32 AM

Chuck, do you know if this car is in our VIN Project yet or not? Here is the 1993 page:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/VINlist/93VIN.html

If not, can you confirm the last 6 digits of your car's VIN? We can add it using the Buck Tag picture from your album. Thanks, and GLWS!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 10-04-2014, 02:27 PM

I just checked your 1993 page and the vin# is listed. Thanks
Old 10-09-2014, 06:24 AM

Going to put away soon for winter. Last chance to purchase at this price. Will do some add-ons next year equipment wise.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:52 PM

This one is back on CL, now at $9K -

http://scranton.craigslist.org/cto/4754804547.html

Quote:
This is a 1993 Florida Highway Patrol unmarked #1660. The car is original as far as paint and interior and glass. I did mechanical repairs. The car runs fantastic. I replaced the tires with 2 Cooper (rear) and 2 Pirelli (front) correct size tires. The radiator(3 core), silicone hoses, timing chain and gears, water pump, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, most vacuum hoses, timing cover and water pump bolts(ARP kit), and oil sending unit are all new. Also replaced and repaired ashtray door. I put what I believe to the correct antennas on the car. The transmission oil, filter and gasket have been changed. The rear axle grease and additive as well as gasket have been also changed. The grease and additive are Motorcraft as specified by Ford. I also replaced the right front inner tie rod and rear brake shoes. The exhaust is new from the cats back. I replaced it with a Flowmaster Delta Series 50 3 chamber mufflers with heat shields and stainless steel tailpipes. The PA300 works but is not installed. Also a Motorola radio is with the car but not installed. There is a radar unit on the dash with an antenna. The spare has an aluminum 10 bolt rim not sure if just needs air. Original manuals and warranty card there also. I have put at least 800 miles on the car taking it to shows. It had 93007 when I purchased. I am told it maybe 1 of 4 cars in 1993 unmarked in Bright Calypso Green. I have all the documentation given to me by previous owner. The police items on the interior are as I purchased the car. The car is inspected and licensed in PA. I purchased this car because I liked the look of the notchback but wanted something special such as a SSP. The car is not a show car, has some marks on the paint but is an original survivor last year of the Mustang SSP's. Interior is in very good condition. Drivers seat might need new foam. Didn't see any tears or rips in the cloth. Also have 4 Code 3 DeckBlaster lights to be mounted. More pics available at http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/ch...ry/1993%20ssp1 .

And it is listed on eBay as well -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang...US_Cars_Trucks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 93CalypsoFHP.jpg (42.3 KB, 147 views)

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 11-12-2014, 07:29 PM

Had some issues starting. Checked out to be battery. Have a new Motorcraft ordered for tomorrow. Will install and test charging and starting system. All should be good.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:05 AM

How does the transmission shift?