Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Show Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Show Info A place to share information on upcoming shows or other events.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNTLOSE View Post
Mark (Current FHP owner.) does have a correct style lightbar for the car as it was included in the deal. I imagine it will eventually be installed to bring it closer to 100%.
It looks like, if this is the car he bought "a few months ago", that it's as far as it's going to go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1988FHPinfo.jpg (61.2 KB, 46 views)

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 11-16-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
...that it's as far as it's going to go.
Hopefully they fix the spelling error that I noticed.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 11-16-2010, 08:50 PM

"finishing details" ........ ?

here they are listed in order of importance:

1. make up crap to put on the sign.
2. check with Dad to see if the made up crap is ok.
3. put the crap sign on the car.
4. display car as marketing tool to help Dad sell more cars.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 11-16-2010, 09:50 PM
It is what it is.

Quote:
It looks like, if this is the car he bought "a few months ago", that it's as far as it's going to go.
I think when these photos were made they only had the car a few weeks...it has been just over a month now that we did the deal...so yes creative writing was done here...lol Also to make one thing perfectly clear 98% of what you see on the car was done by Doug (FHP0739) not me. I never have claimed that and I never will. The car actually went to New England before Doug purchased it. He restored it 8+ years ago and I bought it from him last summer.

I talked to a Joe Snowden who retired a LT a few years ago and a retired Captain at Indy last year...I do not recall his name. Snowden had three FHP SSP's and gave me the info that it was not until around 1990 that the deck lights started appearing.
These are two inservice photos and the one with the airplane is reported to be a 1988. Neither car has the rear deck lights or anniversay decals.

I guess it would be possible for them to be added on later, but I doubt an '88 on it's way out the door would get them...but we all know how the government operates so anything is possible.
It should also have the anniversay decals on it, but I never installed them. (I was also told any car inservice during the anniversay year had the decals put on.) I had also purchased the correct dash masters but after learning my car probably did not have them originally I was just going to save them.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 11-16-2010, 09:59 PM
It is what it is.

Sorry...Doug goes by CHP3705 on this site.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 11-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNTLOSE View Post
I think when these photos were made they only had the car a few weeks...it has been just over a month now that we did the deal...so yes creative writing was done here...lol Also to make one thing perfectly clear 98% of what you see on the car was done by Doug (FHP0739) not me. I never have claimed that and I never will. The car actually went to New England before Doug purchased it. He restored it 8+ years ago and I bought it from him last summer.

I talked to a Joe Snowden who retired a LT a few years ago and a retired Captain at Indy last year...I do not recall his name. Snowden had three FHP SSP's and gave me the info that it was not until around 1990 that the deck lights started appearing.
These are two inservice photos and the one with the airplane is reported to be a 1988. Neither car has the rear deck lights or anniversay decals.

I guess it would be possible for them to be added on later, but I doubt an '88 on it's way out the door would get them...but we all know how the government operates so anything is possible.
It should also have the anniversay decals on it, but I never installed them. (I was also told any car inservice during the anniversay year had the decals put on.) I had also purchased the correct dash masters but after learning my car probably did not have them originally I was just going to save them.
That's the same info posted in the FHP Resto doc here, and the same info I've received from numerous Troopers. I'm not sure when that particular car came out of service, and you didn't post when those pictures were taken, but it's very possible that they were added to the car, depending on how long it was in-service. As an example, Jim Y's unmarked was with FHP for 10 years, and I'm sure saw many changes along the way. They were still selling '88s in 1993, as a guy that I EOD'd with at the city had just purchased one.

I never saw any cars running around with the anniversary decals in '90-'91. I think they were on the cars for the year and removed.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 11-16-2010, 10:14 PM

Cool pics Matt...I enjoyed seeing your old FHP at the Indy PCOOA event by the way...too bad won't be seeing again (at least not any time soon). Love that tan interior!

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 11-16-2010, 10:16 PM
It is what it is.

Quote:
That's the same info posted in the FHP Resto doc here, and the same info I've received from numerous Troopers. I'm not sure when that particular car came out of service, and you didn't post when those pictures were taken, but it's very possible that they were added to the car, depending on how long it was in-service. As an example, Jim Y's unmarked was with FHP for 10 years, and I'm sure saw many changes along the way. They were still selling '88s in 1993, as a guy that I EOD'd with at the city had just purchased one.

I never saw any cars running around with the anniversary decals in '90-'91. I think they were on the cars for the year and removed.
I gave Mark all the papers on her, but I think it came out of service in '90 or '91. Was sold to one Police agency and a few months later it was sold to Auburndale PD to be used as a SRO car. That was the best history I could get on her. The FL BMV pulled the micofiche title up and could not locate the unit number on it. The SRO who drove it was a LT for Clearwater PD when I talked to the one Captain at APD. He was going to pass my info to him, but I never heard back.

The pic with the plane I believe was took in '88 the other one I have no idea.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 11-16-2010, 10:19 PM
It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOstang View Post
Cool pics Matt...I enjoyed seeing your old FHP at the Indy PCOOA event by the way...too bad won't be seeing again (at least not any time soon). Love that tan interior!
Yeah, I miss looking into the garage and staring at her. The tan interior for being almost all original was very nice. It was a toss up on which one to sell but we are very happy with TX DPS...and at least we don't see 4 or more at each show...lol.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 11-17-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jerryl View Post
I believe that CHP Diplomat was the car owned and restored by Jim Post. I recoginize the dual exhaust. And you are right Mike, not very correct....
Ugh! That explains it...restoration is a very loose term for what was done to that car.
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/