Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Show Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Show Info A place to share information on upcoming shows or other events.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac88chp View Post
Hoping the owner (Matt?) of this '93 shown at Morro Bay in the spring makes it up from the SLO area too.

That is a very clean car.
I tuned in another owner who is planning on attending the event from the Stocton area. This year will be his time there and to show his 1993 Mustang which is currently in the paint shop as we speak. Hopefully he will not be racing the clock on installing the equipment and everything else on the car if his body shop delivers a finished product in their projected time frame.Fingers crossed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 456.jpg (49.2 KB, 99 views)
Old 08-08-2013, 11:00 AM

I'm working on the owners of two restored '93 CHPs in the Salinas area too.
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 08-20-2013, 11:37 AM

With the Ripon / Menlo Park Emergency Vehicle Show just over a month away (10/05/13) I wanted to let everyone know some changes we've made to the show.

In response to concerns about delays in the awards presentation the entries this year will be judged by teams of volunteer judges who are veterans and experts in the police car hobby. This will eliminate the need for counting over 1,500 votes and greatly speed up the awards process. There will be a people's choice category so participants can still pick their favorites.

The rule about no emergency equipment being allowed on cars in the daily driver class will be strictly enforced. This rule has been in place for a number of years but due to complaints we will step up enforcement by either asking the equipment be removed or the vehicle being moved to another class.
Please make sure your car is registered in the appropriate class, every year we have to move a few cars to the correct category which slows down the process for other entrants. Please take a minute to check the classes and determine where your car should be. If you have any questions feel free to contact us. If at all possible please pre register as this will not only speed up your entrance to the show it will allow us to make sure we have adequate room to park the all vehicles in a class together.

When traveling to and from the show make sure you are in compliance with all vehicle codes regarding emergency equipment and markings.

Thanks for your support and we look forward to seeing you at the show.

http:// http://www.riponmenloparkpolicecarshow.com/
Old 08-21-2013, 09:03 AM

Thumbs up

Thanks for the updated information.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs

So for equipment on a daily driver, is that just radios, scanners, sirens, and lights? Cause if my dad brings his daily driver like last year it has spotlights, push bar, and antennas.

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
CHP Motor Transport Mustangs
Old 08-21-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Kid View Post
So for equipment on a daily driver, is that just radios, scanners, sirens, and lights? Cause if my dad brings his daily driver like last year it has spotlights, push bar, and antennas.

CLEAR spotlights are OK as are antennas and a pushbar. In other words if anyone was stopped and the car inspected by an officer the car can't have anything they'd get in trouble for.

The intent with this class is to display a car as you'd drive it everyday.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
With the Ripon / Menlo Park Emergency Vehicle Show just over a month away (10/05/13) I wanted to let everyone know some changes we've made to the show.

In response to concerns about delays in the awards presentation the entries this year will be judged by teams of volunteer judges who are veterans and experts in the police car hobby. This will eliminate the need for counting over 1,500 votes and greatly speed up the awards process. There will be a people's choice category so participants can still pick their favorites.

The rule about no emergency equipment being allowed on cars in the daily driver class will be strictly enforced. This rule has been in place for a number of years but due to complaints we will step up enforcement by either asking the equipment be removed or the vehicle being moved to another class.
Please make sure your car is registered in the appropriate class, every year we have to move a few cars to the correct category which slows down the process for other entrants. Please take a minute to check the classes and determine where your car should be. If you have any questions feel free to contact us. If at all possible please pre register as this will not only speed up your entrance to the show it will allow us to make sure we have adequate room to park the all vehicles in a class together.

When traveling to and from the show make sure you are in compliance with all vehicle codes regarding emergency equipment and markings.

Thanks for your support and we look forward to seeing you at the show.

http:// http://www.riponmenloparkpolicecarshow.com/
A good move that should greatly help keep the judging and awards procedures moving along. You won't find a better group of experts in this hobby anywhere in the world.
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 08-23-2013, 11:22 AM
It wasn't me....I promise

Still wish we had a show like this close to me....

Great show Kevin, keep up the good work!!

1988 Alabama DPS SSP - Demopolis Post/Marengo County - Unit #186

1991 GSP SSP - Troop G / Post 10 - Unit #1238--Sold
1986 Nevada HP SSP - Region HQ/Carson City - Unit #289--Sold
1992 FHP SSP - Troop L / Palm Beach County - Unit #1537--Sold
Old 08-24-2013, 12:45 AM

Tallyho, I'm in with 5201 this year as well.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:36 PM

Thumbs up Show Count Down.

38 Days