Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

Old 05-03-2015, 12:56 PM

Thank you all. I am pretty excited to start working on the vehicle. Right now I am accumulating small stuff here and there. Like I said, the suspension on the car is trash after 200k miles so that will need to be completely redone before I even address what I would assume is a junk motor in the vehicle as it does have water in the oil. Thankfully I have alot of stuff for the vehicle already. Overall the car isn't in bad shape all things considered. The roof has a larsen antenna mount I was wondering if I could delete the fender mount for the factory radio and somehow wire it up to use that instead. I already have the hole in the roof, might as well use it I guess. I also called sms fabrics for the upholstery to see what it would run as they are the only source for crystal blue interior material that is factory correct. When they told me it was $85 a yard I put that on the second tier priority level for the vehicle. I know what I need to do to get it running again. It's just money is what this really comes down to, as always.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:58 PM

Welp here is the marti report. Gotta say I am abit disapointed about the dealership info. How if at all can I track down where this car was used at?
Old 05-08-2015, 04:21 PM
UASSP

Nice save! Those Marti reports offer good info that we didn't have on unknown cars many years ago.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:54 PM

In terms of usage, have you requested an AutoCheck or CARFAX report on the car? It may state the location of the car in the early part of its life before being sold by the GSA to its first civilian owner. It won't tell you "who" used the car, but it could tell you "where".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaspony87 View Post
Nice save! Those Marti reports offer good info that we didn't have on unknown cars many years ago.
That's true!
Old 05-08-2015, 10:34 PM

Well I did run a carfax on it. It shows only that it was sold and registered in Trona, Ca after government use. I was hoping to find out more info so I got bold and called the GSA direct to ask if there was anyone I could speak to that maybe could help me sort out the cars history. A nice young woman answered the phone and I explained my situation she said she may know someone who could help me out and would pass my info along. What that means, who knows, but at least I gave it a shot.