Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2009, 09:20 AM

Default 1985 CHP #E408395

RE-CAP
Back in October 2008, I picked up a 1985 SSP Mustang from the gym teacher at school. He said the car used to be a California Highway Patrol car (1 of 155 Mustangs the CHP bought that year). He had it for about 10 years having bought it from his brother in LA. The car was slightly modified, and needed paint, body, and interior work.

The seller had zero verification that the car was what he claimed, although I was fairly certain that it was an SSP. The 2nd Buck Tag was missing, but the trunk release button was moved to the right of the steering column, the a-pillar trim had holes for spot lights, it had the 140mph speedo, and it used the single key for all locks. The 6-digit DSO on the door tag was consistent with other CHP Stangs. After purchasing it, I found the CHP unit number ghost-written on the side glass -

[continued]

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!