Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs The 4-eyed cars.

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 01:04 AM

Thumbs down

Why not leave the rare 84 original ?? put the cobra motor in something else ??

ssp91ssp
Old 02-13-2010, 10:00 AM

I will buy that 84 just to save it as a DPS and find you a clean coupe here in Mcallen Tx to do your sawp !!!!
I'm 2.5 hrs from ya , let me save that car !

ssp91ssp
Old 02-13-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssp91ssp View Post
I will buy that 84 just to save it as a DPS and find you a clean coupe here in Mcallen Tx to do your sawp !!!!
I'm 2.5 hrs from ya , let me save that car !

ssp91ssp
That's the spirit! I commend your enthusiasm.

Looking back at this thread (now 1 year old), I read that this car had already been the recipient of a roller-motor swap before he bought it the first time. To my twisted way of thinking, swapping in the Cobra motor isn't a irreversible sin. But it sounds like he may be yanking out the dash/interior too. I hope that's not the case. It would be a shame to remove the stuff that makes this car an SSP.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 02-13-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post

Looking back at this thread (now 1 year old), I read that this car had already been the recipient of a roller-motor swap before he bought it the first time. To my twisted way of thinking, swapping in the Cobra motor isn't a irreversible sin. But it sounds like he may be yanking out the dash/interior too. I hope that's not the case. It would be a shame to remove the stuff that makes this car an SSP.
Let's see if we hear from the owner ??? The roller motor i don't mind so much cuz it's still a 5.0 and if injected even better for driveability ? i think . plus is done correct you can save the harness .

the 4.6 takes a dif k-member and all , i have done 2 of these swaps on reg fox cars .. 1 of those made a Magazine at a Fun ford event in Cordova Ill.

ssp91ssp
Old 02-13-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:

I am trying not to lite the fuse on this one as I want to hear what the owner is doing with the car. If he wants to swap in the cobra stuff with a different k member and change out the dash I don't agree with that direction. There are far to many stock civie coupes available for that kind of fun. Four eyed SSP cars are getting hard to find. Hate to see this one go down this road. Hopefully the owner will address our concerns when he reads about them.

I have an 86 original 45k body that has already had some work done to it for just this type of swap. It would be perfect. K-member and dash is already out of it also. Original 5 speed car with pedal assembly still intact. I also have a spare original (including plug wires) 84 GT motor, trans, and rear end that could be put in the 84 TXDPS car.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 02-13-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssp91ssp View Post
Let's see if we hear from the owner ??? The roller motor i don't mind so much cuz it's still a 5.0 and if injected even better for driveability ? i think . plus is done correct you can save the harness .

the 4.6 takes a dif k-member and all , i have done 2 of these swaps on reg fox cars .. 1 of those made a Magazine at a Fun ford event in Cordova Ill.

ssp91ssp
I didn't realize installing the 4.6L required a new K-member in a Fox. That does change the scope of the project. It sounds like there's a way to save this SSP where everyone could benefit.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 02-13-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
I didn't realize installing the 4.6L required a new K-member in a Fox. That does change the scope of the project. It sounds like there's a way to save this SSP where everyone could benefit.
Bill, The 4.6 is too wide to just drop down into the stock mountings , it would also sit too far forward .
I used AJE for a K-member , you can also swap/modify the 98 cobra
K-member into a fox .
I think the best candidate for the sawp is the car that Jim has offered and save the 84 DPS !
Sure hope they are NOT using the torch method .??
ssp91ssp
Old 02-14-2010, 04:10 AM

Wow, boy are yall gonna hate me! Sorry folks but the swap is almost complete, and indeed it is a 100% swap dash, seats from a 07 GT, carpet, and oh my gawd could it be...Oh yep that is indeed a tubular K member...

As stated on the other SSP site this car was bought as a 4 eyed coupe not as a black and white. Also noted was that I drive my cars DAILY, I don't have them just to put in my sig or to show off once a year. unniest part is I was honestly going to take up the offer to swap for the 86, but after seeing you all's comments I would rather keep mine, and post its progress here. Thanks for no stay tuned for pics and vids.

Gonna make the first burnout on top of my 140 speedo that much better... lol
Old 02-14-2010, 04:15 AM

Where were all the hero's back in March?????
http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=1766
Old 02-14-2010, 04:37 AM
88stang
This message has been deleted by NoDrama43. Reason: inflamatory posts prohibited. PM me if you need clarification.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:58 AM
Mustang Fan!

Even fish could stay out of trouble, if they learn to keep their mouth's shut! LOL! Thats funny ive got to remember that one.

http://public.fotki.com/88stang/
Closed Thread