Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
The seller has a Youtube video posted of the car -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb8b...ature=youtu.be

It shows an antenna plug on the top of the passenger rear 1/4 panel.
The antenna holes were on the rear driver quarter also.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp
Plus there have been "state" cars as listed in the Buck Tags which were not used by the State Police agency - they were state-owned cars. So the Buck Tags may only tell part of the story. This batch of cars have "DSO POLICE" on the Buck Tag, so they may or may not not have been ordered by the SCHP. So far, none of the six confirmed SSPs in this batch have been confirmed as SCHP cars (yet!).

BTW, is your 92 in our VIN Project?
VIN# is 1FACP40E4NF148450. The Buck Tag is partially hidden, but I can indeed make out DSO POLICE.

Here is the driver's side door sill (notice they masked off and painted around these stickers!) :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Doortags.jpg (152.9 KB, 100 views)
Old 02-12-2015, 01:45 PM

Thanks! I started a page on your SSP -

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info148450.htm

Feel free to post up the VIN label on the door if it is visible, and we can add it to your car's page.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 02-12-2015, 02:52 PM

Here you go... (notice original paint color here too)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vinlabel.jpg (121.8 KB, 93 views)
Old 02-12-2015, 02:54 PM

Thanks for the photo. I will get that added to your car's page

K3 = Bimini Blue Met./Bimini Blue Metallic = nice color IMO

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 02-12-2015, 03:15 PM
VIN guru

That's Bimini Blue Clearcoat Metallic.

I know...picky, picky!
Old 02-12-2015, 03:41 PM

Bimini Blue sounds good to me. Here's the color I got it with. I've owned the car for 13 years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coupestang.JPG (132.5 KB, 92 views)
Old 02-12-2015, 10:22 PM

Nice car but severely over priced. $12K plus body and paint work and then new lights, moldings, trim etc. What is it worth restored ?
Old 02-13-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USPS SSP View Post
Nice car but severely over priced. $12K plus body and paint work and then new lights, moldings, trim etc. What is it worth restored ?
These cars are worth far less than the amount of money it takes to restore them. Someday that may change, but it's not the situation now. In this case, the car is nice but its service history is presently unconfirmed (SCHP, or county, or never-in-service, or ???), so that impacts value to most SSP collectors/restorers. Plus as you know there is more to a true restoration than simply paint work, new lights, moldings, trim, etc. There's nothing wrong with a cosmetic refurbishing like that, but it is far short of the full-blown restorations performed by some of our talented members. And those types of restorations are very expensive.

I agree with you that this car is overpriced for the amount of work involved. At least the higher price will likely deter the "ricky racers" (borrowed that term from a member here). The best things about it are the color and manual transmission. Perhaps the seller will be willing to accept a lower, more reasonable offer?

Old 12-31-2017, 09:50 AM

PF210451 is back up for sale on ebay -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-Ford-M...haP5PX&vxp=mtr

Quote:
1993 Special Service Package Mustang
5.0 5-speed Coupe in Reef Blue

You are looking at a very original unmolested 1993 SSP Mustang Police car. This car was in service in Greenwood County, South Carolina from 1993-1999. This car was issued new to Major Wayne Whatley which he used in service until he retired in 1999. The vehicle was then taken out of service at the time of his retirement and the car sat out of service used only by the office employees needing to run errands at the Greenwood County Police Department (until it was sold at public auction). This vehicle has been maintained and stored since 2008. The original sheet metal is in excellent shape with zero rust. The Reef Blue paint is showing its age on the high spots of the vehicle (from the sun), but is still presentable. The interior is clean and in great shape but the driver seat does have a small tear in the lower back of the seat from the officers belt entering and exiting the vehicle. The engine and transmission still operate like new and are in excellent shape. This vehicle still has the old original Goodyear tires from when it was last in service. One other side note is Major Whatley was an avid "car guy" and was given the opportunity to choose which vehicle he would retire in (for his years of service). He chose well, in my opinion, but also took extremely good care of the car. If you are in the market for unmolested Fox body Mustang that is also "rare" in terms of the SSP package, 5.0 5-speed Coupe, and the beautiful factory Reef Blue paint then don't miss this opportunity to own this 1993 SSP Mustang. The body "buck" tag is still in place and does have "police" stamped in the tag. This vehicle has great documentation that will come with the car as well. Also included in the pictures is a copy of the Marti Report and a picture of Major Whatley with the car in service.
This vehicle is sold as-is where-is. Please ask any and all questions before the auction has ended.
A $2,000 deposit is due within 24 hours of auction end, and the remaining balance is due within 7 days of auction end.
The Buyer is responsible for shipping however I will be glad to assist a buyer with any arrangements he or she may need.
If you would like more information, more pictures, or would like to make a appointment to view this car please feel free to message me here on ebay or call 864-494-4485 (if you receive a voicemail please leave a message i will return your call).
So if I am reading this correctly, this was NOT ordered by SCHP and was first used by the Greenwood County Police Dept. I did not see any SCHP unit markings under the hood. Now having a copy of the Marti Report, we can at least add this car to the VIN Project (soon).