Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93sspcoupe View Post
here is a pic of the bucktag
Do you have a pic of the other Buck Tag that says "DSO POLICE"? That will probably have the 6-digit DSO number on it too.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 04-10-2010, 12:03 PM
electric red

lol it dont say it on there but ill get a pic real fast hang on
Old 04-10-2010, 12:07 PM
electric red

here is the other one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0410001204.jpg (14.0 KB, 53 views)
Old 04-10-2010, 12:16 PM

Thanks for posting the add'l picture. I have the opposite situation with my SSP. I still have the original door, but its 2nd Buck Tag is missing.

In terms of rarity (as asked in your first post), it's pretty rare. Desirability will be affected because the door tag info is missing and it may be impossible to determine where/if the car was used in-service somewhere. Are there any strange holes in the interior for emergency lights/equipment? It's still a beautiful color. What are your plans for the car?

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 04-10-2010, 12:24 PM
electric red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Thanks for posting the add'l picture. I have the opposite situation with my SSP. I still have the original door, but its 2nd Buck Tag is missing.

In terms of rarity (as asked in your first post), it's pretty rare. Desirability will be affected because the door tag info is missing and it may be impossible to determine where/if the car was used in-service somewhere. Are there any strange holes in the interior for emergency lights/equipment? It's still a beautiful color. What are your plans for the car?
there are no strange holes that i took notice to anyway, it now has gray interior with the trunk release button in the glove box, "i know it should be on driver side" the guy i bought it from said it originally had red interior also and the guy he bought it fom spray painted it black. so it may had the trunk release in the propor location on the original dash. however under both front seats are two strange plug ins and i have no idea where they go. could the ford dealership provide a repo door tag
Old 04-10-2010, 12:25 PM
electric red

as far as plans for the car i dunno. as of right now it has a 347 and has a 5lug swap with mach1 front brakes. it could get restored in the future though
Old 04-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93sspcoupe View Post
here is a pic of the bucktag

OK...I missed this post (probably as Bill and I were also posting at the same time!).

Your DSO is 21-0820. That's an Atlanta sales office number, but IIRC, alot of SC cars have that same 21, and I think that Daniel Carpenter's cars have the same order number. Sometime around 1990ish, Ford moved the DSO numbers to the body buck tag, but I've seen them both ways (stamped in both places). Check out the Buck tag section here for more examples like yours.

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/Bucktags.html

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 04-10-2010, 01:19 PM
electric red

i would like to know more about it thats for sure but its seeming inpossible. when i bought my car another gentleman from i think nc was trying to get it to. and he offered to trade me a 88 state patrol car, flordia i think. for my car and said i could keep all the performance parts 5 lug swap ect ect. so that made me think it must be very rare and kept it. i do know that one month after my car was made ford stopped making ssps. i will be putting the bucktags back on after i get it painted, and thought about welding them on
Old 04-13-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93sspcoupe;19753 (quoted from another thread)
i joined this site to hopefully learn more of ssp cars and more of my own car? can someone shed some light as to why my carfax on the first owner shows no title number? do all ssp cars show that?
Are you able to cut & paste the carfax information and post it here? Unfortuneately, the Eminger Invoices, which list the name of the original ordering dealer, are not available for your year SSP. I failed to pick up on your 6-digit DSO when you posted a pic of your Buck Tags (the first one, not the one that says "DSO POLICE". As I understand things, that typically meant that a car was ordered by a dealer for sale to a non-state agency, but a local department or government agency. It is also remotely possible that the car was originally sold through the dealer to the public instead of being used in-service. I hope others will chime in.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:06 PM
electric red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Are you able to cut & paste the carfax information and post it here? Unfortuneately, the Eminger Invoices, which list the name of the original ordering dealer, are not available for your year SSP. I failed to pick up on your 6-digit DSO when you posted a pic of your Buck Tags (the first one, not the one that says "DSO POLICE". As I understand things, that typically meant that a car was ordered by a dealer for sale to a non-state agency, but a local department or government agency. It is also remotely possible that the car was originally sold through the dealer to the public instead of being used in-service. I hope others will chime in.
i cant copy and paste it cause i got the carfax from ford dealership lol. iwas going to tade it on something andthey did a carfax and offered me 1200 dollars and i told them to go f themselves lol.

on the first owner part it says,

7/19/1993 sc independant source vehicle manufactered and shipped to dealer,
has no title number or anything of that nature.

second owner

5/27/2003 maysville ga. motorvehicle dept. title(title#3926031471132)

what does it mean where it says idependant source where it should say motor vehicle dept. on the first owner?