Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:39 AM
...Gathering Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNTLOSE View Post
I have tried to get a hold of Ford Fleet sales directly and no one has yet to call me or write back....maybe they are on vacation.
Let me look in my notes. I should have your representative's phone number somewhere as I am pretty sure it's the same one as it is for Cleveland and I will get that to you.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:16 AM

the new cages for the fords are off-set. prisoners go on the pass side rear and the cage is off-set to allow for more room. We put a guy in there who was 6'6" in full uniform and it was a squeeze but he fit.

If you want to see our car let me know. I can arrange a test drive. I will be at work wednesday, but Thursday have to go to Toledo to pick up my new 2012 HD electraglide the department bought me. (well not really me, but I tell everyone it is going to be mine.... )

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 09-10-2012, 09:48 AM
It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
Let me look in my notes. I should have your representative's phone number somewhere as I am pretty sure it's the same one as it is for Cleveland and I will get that to you.
Thank you, I would appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
the new cages for the fords are off-set. prisoners go on the pass side rear and the cage is off-set to allow for more room. We put a guy in there who was 6'6" in full uniform and it was a squeeze but he fit.

If you want to see our car let me know. I can arrange a test drive. I will be at work wednesday, but Thursday have to go to Toledo to pick up my new 2012 HD electraglide the department bought me. (well not really me, but I tell everyone it is going to be mine.... )
Thank Jim, I will let you know....and try not to have too much fun riding back.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 09-10-2012, 06:07 PM
...Gathering Parts

PM with the representative's contact information sent!
Old 09-11-2012, 02:25 PM
It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
PM with the representative's contact information sent!
Got it...Thanks!

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 09-11-2012, 02:27 PM
It is what it is.

Well yesterday I met with the Chevy rep who brought us a Caprice.

WOW is all I can say. That car was fast, handled great, plenty of room, and could stop on a dime. Really shows how outdated the CV has become in 30+ years of the Panther platform.

Dodge is outfitting a car with a cage for us as I type. (That is customer service!) We should have it in a week or so. Still waiting to hear if the 2012/13 model year has addressed the brake and trans issues.

Ford customer service has been in the trash. No one can get us a demo or get me to someone who can...or at least the ones who write or call me back can not.

**But now that GSPI has provided me with another contact I will hopefully have some better luck.**

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 09-12-2012, 12:24 AM
Troop D

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNTLOSE View Post
Dodge is outfitting a car with a cage for us as I type. (That is customer service!) We should have it in a week or so. Still waiting to hear if the 2012/13 model year has addressed the brake and trans issues.
I just got into a brand new one this week (after only being on the trade list for a year with my CV that ended up with 187k!). I doubt I will have any issues to report before you need to make your decision but we did have one last year that the fuel tank expanded and almost ruptured on due to not venting properly. I think it was an isolated incident though. Other than the normal service bulletins that I have seen from Dodge itself for various things, it seems to be a solid car.

Why police should not pursue Stangs...
Why you should not get caught by the police in your Stang...
Old 09-14-2012, 04:24 PM

Ford just press released the following this morning...

Ford Boosts Police Interceptor Sedan Performance and Fuel Economy with New 3.7-Liter Ti-VCT Engine
Sep-14-2012 6:00 AM ET

Body.
​DEARBORN –The new Ford Police Interceptor is getting another boost under the hood with the addition of the 3.7-liter twin independent variable camshaft timing (Ti-VCT) engine, offering law enforcement agencies fuel economy with more power.

The 3.7-liter V6, now available on the Police Interceptor sedan, delivers a performance increase to 305 horsepower and 279 lb.-ft. of torque while also achieving increased fuel economy of 25 mpg on the highway, 18 mpg in the city and 21 mpg combined. The horsepower and torque ratings are the highest of any naturally aspirated V6 engine offered for pursuit-rated sedans.

“This combination of great performance and top-notch fuel economy means law enforcement agencies won’t have to compromise power or fuel efficiency while getting the job done,” said Bill Gubing, chief engineer for Police Interceptor.

A tough lineup
Ford’s Police Interceptor engine strategy provides a V6 lineup that performs better than V8 engines of years past. The Police Interceptor sedan lineup now comes with three powertrain options, allowing police to choose the powerhouse that best meets their patrol requirements. The Police Interceptor sedan is available with a standard 3.5-liter V6, the new 3.7-liter V6 and the performance powerhouse 3.5-liter V6 EcoBoost® engine.

The 3.7-liter engine now available on the sedan was already available on the Police Interceptor utility vehicle.

To develop the all-new Police Interceptor, Ford engineers worked hand-in-hand with Ford’s Police Advisory Board of law enforcement professionals, who provided input on key vehicle attributes such as safety, performance, durability, driver comfort and functionality.

Safe, durable, functional
Building on Ford’s safety leadership, Police Interceptor is engineered to pass 75-mph rear-end crash testing.

Both sedan and utility Police Interceptors recently earned top safety ratings in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s New Car Assessment Program testing, which combines vehicle performance in frontal and side-impact crash tests and resistance to rollover.

Throughout its development, Ford’s new Police Interceptor has been put through the paces, undergoing a battery of torture tests to ensure its individual components can hold up to the rigorous driving styles of police professionals.

To meet the rigors of durability testing, the unique police brakes have been increased in size and performance for confidence. The cooling package is purpose-built as well, featuring a heavy-duty alternator and larger radiator. Its honeycomb grille is designed to work in harmony with the interior components, offering more airflow throughout the vehicle. Plus, the standard 18-inch steel wheels are vented, designed to work in concert with the enhanced brake system.

Front seats have been specially designed, with a lower bolster removed to better accommodate officers’ utility belts. Inserted into the seatback are anti-stab plates, designed to protect front-seat occupants.

The Police Interceptor second row also has been optimized to address police-specific needs. The vinyl seats are specially sculpted and set back to improve second-row space and maximize legroom. The back door hinges are modified to open up another 10 degrees versus traditional rear doors.

The Ford Police Interceptor also is equipped with a column shift specifically designed so the console area is free for the ever-increasing amounts of aftermarket police equipment necessary for officers to do their jobs.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 09-15-2012, 01:08 AM
It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHP0665 View Post
I just got into a brand new one this week (after only being on the trade list for a year with my CV that ended up with 187k!). I doubt I will have any issues to report before you need to make your decision but we did have one last year that the fuel tank expanded and almost ruptured on due to not venting properly. I think it was an isolated incident though. Other than the normal service bulletins that I have seen from Dodge itself for various things, it seems to be a solid car.
Any issues with brakes or transmissions with any of your co-workers? That seems to be what all the agencies around here complain about. Brakes lasting 3k miles and trans going at 20k miles.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 09-15-2012, 01:24 AM
Admin

I don't think they ever fixed the problem where they get stuck in park?

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363