Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:26 PM

Default FHP #1164 Back Up For Sale

Hello - Some of you are aware I recently sold my 92 FHP SSP #1164. Unfortunately (I am putting) it back up for sale. Suffice to say the individual I made a deal to purchase the car was unable to complete it. Unfortunately had 2 offers at the same time, but I liked this gentleman's motivations more than other persons. We worked out an agreement, he signed a Purchase Agreement, paid a non-refundable deposit and was ultimately unable to follow through with the final step of the deal. Seemed like a good guy and I feel good in the fact that I was more than accomodating with him, but I guess in the end it just wasn't meant to be.

While I know #1164 isn't up to everyone "tastes", it's a fun car and I wanted let folks know the status. As most know I'm returning my 1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP back to in-service condition and have recently sent it off to be stripped and repainted back to the original color. I'll be listing 92 FHP #1164 on eBay in the next couple of days. Lowering the Buy-it Now to $11,500. For photos, refer to the Fotki album link in my signature footer below.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 06-27-2009, 10:00 PM

Mike,

good luck with the sale.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 06-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Admin

+1. Hope it works out this time.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 06-28-2009, 05:16 PM

Gentleman - Thanks for your encouragement

Old 07-22-2009, 08:30 PM

Default Sold - FHP #1164

Finally...car is sold (again)...an 100% of money, not just a non-refundable deposit, is clear in my Bank. The fellow who has bought it first read about it on here or .Org and then found it on eBay. Will encourage him to sign up here and introduce himself. Obviously the site has a wealth of info, knowledge and helpful people.

Not to hijack another thread here, but my experience trying to sell a car through eBay is why many folks dread the possibility of going there. Not to bore people with my saga, but...Car lists on eBay. Car doesn't sell on eBay, but a State Trooper (state to be un-named but not FL) wants to buy car. He unfortunately has a whole situation I won't get into which is delaying being able to pay all $$$ at one time. We sign Sale Contract and he pays non-refundable deposit (that was a good move on my part). Period of time he contractually has to make remaining payment passes and I wait a little longer based upon feedback from him. Decide to quit waiting and relist car again on eBay. Thought I had restricted people with Zero feedback score from bidding (must not have) and such a person "wins" auction. Have bad feeling when I see this but hope for the best. Attempt to contact him 3 times in 3 days with no reply. Give up on him and am still waiting for eBay to close my case (funny thing is he gets 7 days to respond to my cancelling transaction) so I can hopefully get refund on sale fees for car "selling" on eBay.

In meantime get call from gentleman who wants to buy it, buy it immediately and more importantly follow through on everything he says he's going to do. Gave up waiting on deadbeat eBayer and over a day or two get sale wrapped up with a legitimate buyer. Third time is a charm as they say. All worked out but I'm afraid my situation with eBay is one plenty of other folks have experienced. I think this sort of thing is what turns people off with trying to go the auction route. My 69 Mach I hasn't hit reserve yet but if it sells I hope to have better experience this time around.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:51 PM

Mike,

I agree that Ebay can be frustrating. The seller can restrict the bidders, or try to enforce a Bidder 95%+ Feedback rating with a minumum 10+ Feedbacks. I have had good success and have not had to cancel bids but that is primarily because I try to be honest in my representation of what I am selling. I have had payment plans as the buyer and the seller. I have deal working this very moment that I am sure will be perfect because I am dealing with person I trust and know will keep his end of the deal.

speaking of payment plans .... it is really very simple... deal with a reputable person. I have done a payment plan on numerous cars and all but one of them went perfect, (thanks Gregg its always pleasant dealing with you and Bonnie !!!) one was a mistake from day one and it just never went well. The car showed up scratched to hell and back, the seller didn't remember to tell me it was the wrong color yada yada..... plenty of excuses and stories....then prior to the end of the contract I sold it back to the seller. Never again with those types.. !!!!!!! To much ego and mop and glow for me.........and it's always the ones that you think have a smidgen of integrity that end up just being crybaby idiots.

Most importantly though Congrats on the sale....I am sure the new owner will take care of the car.

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 07-22-2009, 10:02 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
The car showed up scratched to hell and back, the seller didn't remember it was the wrong color yada yada..... plenty of excuses and stories....then prior to the end of the contract I sold it back and let it all be water under the bridge. Never again with those types....not even a car dealer !!!!!!! Its always the ones that you think have a smidgen of integrity that end up just being crybaby idiots.
You must be talking about that Georgia car that you bought that had been painted the wrong color. Too bad that the dealer didn't disclose that issue beforehand.

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 07-22-2009, 10:16 PM

I think it was my fault. I totally forgot to search the internet to find where it had been discussed at some other point in time......

silly me.....

anyway.....lets not rain on Mikes parade here.....

Mike.....that is an awesome Mach. I wish I had a briefcase full of hunnerds.....

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 07-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
I think it was my fault. I totally forgot to search the internet to find where it had been discussed at some other point in time......
That's because it wasn't discussed until much later.

Congrats on the sale, Mike.

Mike

'83 Texas DPS