Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:47 PM

Default 1990 FHP for sale

Hello everyone,

I have done a lot to her since i bought her and now i have health issues and cannot work on her anymore.

Please take her home safely into a garage. I have one ssp and 89 GT with auto which i can drive.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/4733086735.html
Proud owner of the vehicles:
1989 Ocala FL SSP unmarked drug enforcement unit
1989 Mustang GT (5 speed conversion)
1990 FHP unit - SOLD
1991 Davie, FL SSP #142 - SOLD
2014 VW Jetta SportWagen TDI
Old 11-27-2014, 01:29 AM

Wish I were closer
Old 11-27-2014, 10:58 PM

Looked at it back in 2010, here's the rundown:

I finally got to look at this '90 that is for sale here in jax. The seller didn't know, but it is a bona-fide FHP. The car looks great in pictures and from about 20 feet. Close up, car is rough but it IS saveable. Here is my rundown: been hit pretty hard in the front, BUT at least the quarters are original. Looks like the whole front clip has been replaced from a blue donar car, non-factory spot welds in front of the strut towers, and a weld where the subframe rails meet the towers. Looks like it was sectioned in retaining most of the original core support, as FHP buck tags are still there, and no blue is evident past the upper tie bar. Fascia, hood are off a blue car, and LH fender is aftermarket. Looks like the drivers door may be from a black donor car, appears to be a '89 and earlier style door sticker but its illegible. Looks pretty good where tho cowl panel meets the fenders, which is good. The rest of the body looks good and all original. Inside of decklid is still cream. Had the usual antenna hole trio, plus one half way down the top of the drivers quarter. PAC-RT holes evident in trunk floor, spotlight hole is filled outside the a pillar, but still there on the trim panel. Paint is terrible, lots of orange peel, and quarter glass trim is shot and painted over too. As for the interior, it's all there, and surprisingly good for a '90, except for the headliner. I think this interior would fly even with the paint redone. Equiptment holes in dash and right of console are evident but filled, but that stuff should pop right out. Cut-off switch, toggle switch, and property tag are missing. Engine wise, it has underdrive pulleys, and leaking headers. Seller says 1-2 synchro is acting up so trans needs to be gone through. Seller says he has 3100 in it and just needs to get it sold. I would just like to help get it saved.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:04 PM

Yes that's true. We fixed most of it, she's a lot nicer now. New OEM headers and stopped leaking everywhere. Completely new gaskets on engine for good reasons and new OEM distributor, New headliner. New dash due to old dash was pretty destroyed inside (cracks everywhere from Jacksonville S.O. happy drillers for equipment) repainted again the right way as possible but not done yet and my health stopped me from finishing her.

Trans issue has been fixed, drives almost flawlessly.

I just found out....

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info161381.htm

She had double SSP duty! That's why the blue parts are on her, from Jacksonville SO duty.

No wonder why the motor ran strong, well maintained. Would that double service history make her more precious to keep? after seeing that, made me think twice. Please advise?
1990 FHP unit - SOLD
Old 11-29-2014, 02:51 PM

Our son, Jack, says you should keep it and paint one side in FHP colors/marking and the other side with Jacksonville SO colors/markings

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 12-01-2014, 11:49 AM

HA! Cant do that in state of FL but good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Our son, Jack, says you should keep it and paint one side in FHP colors/marking and the other side with Jacksonville SO colors/markings
1990 FHP unit - SOLD
Old 12-01-2014, 01:10 PM

With you being in Florida, I can see the issue. But it certainly would be a unique "restoration" to take a dual-use car like this and show its lineage by restoring it both ways, split down the middle. There are quite a few restored FHP Mustangs out there, but this one would certainly stand out at a show. And as rare as SSP Mustangs are to begin with, having a documented dual-use car like this is even more unique.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 12-01-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
With you being in Florida, I can see the issue. But it certainly would be a unique "restoration" to take a dual-use car like this and show its lineage by restoring it both ways, split down the middle. There are quite a few restored FHP Mustangs out there, but this one would certainly stand out at a show. And as rare as SSP Mustangs are to begin with, having a documented dual-use car like this is even more unique.
Haha.. Thanks for the suggestion but I prefer keep it on a document instead of doing it on the body and guaranteed haul me down into the big house with silver jewels on my wrists. No thanks If I am to keep it, i will have her as solid black as she is now with black matte 10 hole wheels which I do have in my garage, may use it and mount it on her with brand new tires and enjoy driving her anywhere.
1990 FHP unit - SOLD
Old 12-01-2014, 08:19 PM

Hate to spoil the party on the JSO Mustang, but JSO didn't use marked SSP mustangs. The JSO ownership on this ones title was most likely due to seizure, but hey, it could have been used for some undercover work, i.e. drug buys, etc.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHP0827 View Post
Hate to spoil the party on the JSO Mustang, but JSO didn't use marked SSP mustangs. The JSO ownership on this ones title was most likely due to seizure, but hey, it could have been used for some undercover work, i.e. drug buys, etc.
Then can you explain why did this car get titled for JSO?

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info161381.htm
1990 FHP unit - SOLD