Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 12-27-2014, 05:41 PM

Default 1991 Nebraska SSP coupe. Mostly stock, clean. FS/T.

Figured I'd try this one last time here.
Would prefer to sell but I'd look at realistic trades for something performance oriented. Built 79-93 LX, 64-72 Ford or GM Muscle car etc.
Can add cash on my end. Will sell for $6500 firm. I am in no need to sell it, but I'd like something that I can mod or put a lot of miles on and not feel guilty about it.

This car is very intact and it took me quite awhile to find one like it.

The car is a Nebraska SSP coupe, been here it's whole life and was in dry storage from 1999 up until last summer when I bought it locally. The car is very clean and mostly stock. However, everything for the most part is stock in regards to the paint and interior so it so showing signs of age and police use. Minor paint chips down low, scratches and very minor dings etc., sun and age wear on the quarter window seals. The usual for it's age.
It is however very presentable, I get a lot of compliments and "is it for sale!?" from passerby's when I'm at the store or gas station lol.
I daily drive it to work every day, if the weather is warm and dry.
Not a single rot hole to be found on the car, not one. Has one spot the size of a quarter starting to bubble under the paint on one of the fenders where it meets the inside plastic wheel well, have to get down low and look for it to even find it. Can get a pic, if needed.
Underside is exceptionally clean also. Strut towers, torque boxes, frame rails, aprons, rad support and etc are very clean and not bent at all. Car was never in any accidents that I can tell.
The car is as close to "police auction fresh" as you can find around here, minus the spot light which is gone.
Mileage is around 129k.
The modifications are pretty limited:
1993 Pony wheels and Firehawks.
BBK springs. Have the stock ones that can go with the car.
KYB GR2 shocks and struts.
Spec 3+ clutch.
LMR adjustable clutch and quadrant.
K&N drop in filter.
Flowmaster cat-back and offroad H-pipe.
FMS 4.10's with install kit, fresh bearings, seals etc, LMR speedo correction kit and new rear tail shaft seal in the WC trans.
Kenwood Excellon CD player, 2013 model.
Cerwin vega dash and door speakers and Lanzars in the rear, IIRC. All factory sized and locations, nothing hacked. New speaker wire neatly hidden also.
LMR OEM replacement headlights.
Also have some new LMR repro exterior trim and door seals that will go with it.

As far as any issues, they are as follows:

Windshield is cracked.
Oil pan has a drip, it used right at a 1/2 quart at the last 4500 mile synthetic oil change.
A/C works, but isn't ice cold when it's really hot outside. It's still R12, It will need a retrofit. I couldn't find any freon leaks in the current system with a detector.
Airbag light flashes. I've no idea why, I'm guessing the issue is in the steering wheel. The flashing airbag light isn't serious obviously, but just making it known.

Here's a few pics to give you an idea on what shape it's in. Again, not a minty show car, but a very presentable daily driver.

Just trying one last time to trade for something that's already built and not something I'd feel guilty about not being original and heavily modded.

Also, I will meet up to 250 miles away from 68503 if the weather is dry and I can safely drive my coupe to meet you, and drive your car back. Would need to be over a Saturday.

I can get any and all additional pics and video as needed.
Anyone who's very serious about trading can contact me @402-570-672zero.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:07 PM

Man, no love for the Nebraska cars? I guess I'll give this another week and take it back off the market again. Really hoping this can go, so it'll stay stock.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Five View Post
Man, no love for the Nebraska cars?
There's lotsa love out there for these cars, but I think this is probably the worst time of year to sell a car. 'Hope it finds a good home.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 12-31-2014, 01:08 PM

Ya, I think I'm probably asking too much for it. But, I wouldn't be able to replace it for much less. I have the room though, so it can sit in the warm garage if need be. Biggest motivator to sell is wanting a civilian model with more mods done, I can't bring myself to mod this one heavily.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:12 PM

As Bill said, winter is not prime time to complete a sale. Some agencies don't have as large of a buyer market, and I think Nebraska is going to be one of those. Much like my Missouri cars, I'm afraid. So you take an already small market (SSPs), and make it even smaller.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 12-31-2014, 03:18 PM

Honestly it seems like the Foxbody market overall is weak right now, and has been for awhile. I think a lot of people have their eyes on the new 5.0's and 2011's are already in the high teens for a lower mileage car. This is the second time I've posted it with little response so I'm just about convinced it was meant to stay with me lol.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:04 PM

Those are good points too. I think your SSP looks real nice and the price seems reasonable. Best wishes.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 01-01-2015, 09:03 PM

So what are the most desirable ? FLA and CA?
Old 01-02-2015, 01:31 PM

Alright I found another coupe that I'd like to have. Have to sell this one first so I'll try a lower price, if I can't get it sold before next Monday I guess I'll just keep it.

If sold asap I'll take 6k for it, I think that's more than fair. Price good until Monday.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:56 PM

One last bump for 6k, can't go less than that. Serious buyers can contact me @402 570 672zero. Thanks.