Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:43 AM

Default 1982 claimed CHP on Idaho CL

Claims it is #308 -

http://twinfalls.craigslist.org/cto/3800717992.html

Quote:
1982 5.0 Mustang "Interceptor" Notchback (Burley)

I have here a 1982 Ford Mustang 5.0 this car is 31 years of age.. In its previous life it was California Highway Patrol car! only 406 were ordered for the Highway Patrol! I've been doing some research and this car is number 308 out of the original bunch. here is a link to see this car in its original state http://www.sspmustang.org/features/82_CHP_Mustang.htm. this car has some cool history. and is Super rare! Just bought it off a guy here locally. Replaced the alternator and cleaned the hell out of it! its a good lookin car.. I may keep it for a while and toy with it some more. Has alot of power! and shifts super smooth. It has a Hurst shifter in it. The interior could use some work.. speedo is out, which could be a cheap fix, and the fuel guage as well, a new rubber door handle for the driver door. and some seat covers.. have a good friend i will get a quote from to re-do the interior on it and post how much it would cost for interior to get it lookin great again. All glass is in great shape.. no cracks, and the body is super straight! This car restored is reaching some high numbers. This car is a driving project. and would be awesome restore. or drive it how it is for a while. Would like to see it in the hands of someone who isn't going to take away from its originality. if noone around here will do that i am going to keep it. My number is 208670foursevenseveneight text works best for me.

Looking for a nice runnin sport bike no earlier than 02 or other sweet vehicles No clunkers but just hit me up with offers and trades. No bullshit I'm Not despirate to sell so no lowball offers. Come take a test drive and see for yourself.. Here is another link with some pretty cool information. http://specialservicemustang.net/CHP.htm and another link to a mustang Artice http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featur...g/viewall.html

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 82CHP.jpg (45.3 KB, 124 views)
Old 05-21-2013, 01:29 PM
It wasn't me....I promise

Man, I wish I was closer....I'd love to have a '82 CHP!

1988 Alabama DPS SSP - Demopolis Post/Marengo County - Unit #186

1991 GSP SSP - Troop G / Post 10 - Unit #1238--Sold
1986 Nevada HP SSP - Region HQ/Carson City - Unit #289--Sold
1992 FHP SSP - Troop L / Palm Beach County - Unit #1537--Sold
Old 05-23-2013, 06:59 AM

The seller says the VIN is 213105, which is part of the CHP batch.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 08-25-2013, 08:54 AM

It looks like the seller still has this one for sale -

http://twinfalls.craigslist.org/for/4021960072.html

Quote:
Mustang 5.0 Notchback - $1800 (Burley)

I've been lookin to trade my 1982 mustang 5.0 Retired California Highway Patrol car. it was the SSP Severe Service Package. Its one of about 20 left in existence. the highway patrol decided to order 406 of these for the test run and this is number 308 out of the bunch. About the condition. its currently running and driveable it could use interior work but the glass and the body are in great shape! the motor is a 302 its runnin strong but smokes a little bit when warming up.. its got a 4 speed automatic transmission that shifts smooth. the power steering line leaks... so a line will need replaced. I replaced the alternator and a line for the transmission cooling line. so its road worthy and ready to find a new home.. My number is 208#670#4778 have a clear title in hand.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 08-25-2013, 07:04 PM

Good price. I'll see about getting some pics of tags/unit number. Would be nice to comfirm the unit number before this one goes off the grid.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:08 PM

"its got a 4 speed automatic transmission that shifts smooth."

Must have had an auto put in it. ??

It looks like the passenger door is kind of a red color.

I love my NHP SSP