Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2014, 02:27 PM

Default 1990 MBTA (Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority SSP Unmarked #481

Reluctantly selling this car. 1990 SSP unmarked. Was only used in service from 1990-92. In 1992 it was purchased by an older female at a police auction with 51,000 miles on it. When purchased, she was informed that it was a former police car. She babied the car for the next twenty plus years. I tried to buy this car over ten years ago and was flat out denied. This spring she contacted me out of the blue. I don't think it's fair to let it sit until I have the time. The car has 119,000 miles. Transmission is automatic. Seemed to shift a lot in overdrive. Once I put it drive it shifted fine. Nose appeared to be painted. Looks like the core support was replaced while in service. Right fender is replacement ford. Vin decals are on both doors, both quarters, left fender and trunk lid. Didn't see label on hood and didn't look for them on bumpers. The female owner stated she was never involved in an accident with it. The right fender is solid, but where it bolts at bottom has rusted and the bottom of fender can be pulled away. The drivers quarter has some rust at bottom, behind wheel. The trunk lid has a rust scab, where ford emblem was, but lip underneath is very solid. From the doors back, the car looks to have original paint and hand painted red pinstripe. Drivers seat has one rip near seat belt. The top of rear seat is faded. The right side of console has six screw holes from radio mount? The carpet in that area has a slice, for wiring? The car has ten hole rims. One is black. Has original full size spare in trunk, with goodyear vr tire. Autocheck rates this car as a 51 and shows it entered in 1990. Then sold in 1992 with 51k miles. It only shows the one female owner. A title search on the previous title number shows that it was owned by the MBTA. The drivers door has the 481 decals. I believe the car to be priced fair at 4500. Please contact me for additional pictures or information. Thanks for taking the time to read this.