Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:44 AM

Mike, congrats on your successful trip. I believe the weather cooperated for the most part. 'Glad to hear all went well.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 11-20-2014, 03:50 PM

Thank you gentleman.

Hi Jim - I still need to review the engine area closely to see if any non-stock items are still there. Also thanks for the mention on the detailing in the engine bay. By putting the exhaust back to original question, do you mean with an NOS exhaust system or referring to the earlier mentioned non-stock items? Ultimately I'd say the goal would be to have it at least visually as stock appearing as possible. If you find any pictures, you think I'd be interested in, I would be appreciative.

Thanks again everyone! I'm pretty excited to have it.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 12-01-2014, 09:35 PM

Default MSHP 60th anniversary emblem...

This is a poor scan of the proof, but it will give you a basic idea. Have a full set of MSHP emblems on their way to permanently mark on my 1990 MSHP SSP so I had a quality emblem reproduced / established for the 60 year anniversary fender decal the Missouri State Highway Patrol utilized. One of the in-service pictures I have of my 1990 MSHP SSP depicts this emblem as having been installed on the Mustang for part of the in-service life.

I have permission from the MSHP to purchase from their supplier, so I thought it only natural to have them set up this anniversary emblem for me. Unfortunately they did not have one on file, so hopefully someone else in the future can benefit from my funding the setup charge for it. The attachment doesn't do justice, but they did a great job! It was a bit tough to find a quality picture of it, but between the ones I had on magnets, one printed in the MSHP 60th anniversary book and the nearly identical emblem included in the MSHP 65th anniversary book, I was able to provide the signage company what all they needed in order to correctly reproduce it. In correct format, nearly all the colors in the decal match up with colors that are included in the fender and door emblems, so that made it somewhat easier.

Feel free to reach out if someone should need these in the future. I can facilitate you obtaining them. Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MSHP 60 Year Anniversary Vehicle Emblem.post.jpg (51.5 KB, 76 views)

Old 12-01-2014, 11:22 PM
It wasn't me....I promise

Congrats Mike! I know you're happy to finally have it! Kudos!

1988 Alabama DPS SSP - Demopolis Post/Marengo County - Unit #186

1991 GSP SSP - Troop G / Post 10 - Unit #1238--Sold
1986 Nevada HP SSP - Region HQ/Carson City - Unit #289--Sold
1992 FHP SSP - Troop L / Palm Beach County - Unit #1537--Sold
Old 12-07-2014, 03:58 PM

Thanks Brad! New tires and some refurbished 10 hole wheels on it now in the silver finish to match in-service pics. Always amazing how much a difference those items can make. New emblems are being shipped out from the sign shop on Tuesday. Need to have the blue pin stripe added before those get applied. Hope to stop by and speak to the shop I'll likely use for that some time this week. If the weather can hold up I can hopefully have that done soon, then emblems can be applied.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_6248 use.jpg (52.0 KB, 60 views)

Old 12-08-2014, 10:33 PM

New emblems ship tomorrow, so should receive end of week. When buying direct from the MSHP supplier, I like how quick rec'd after approving the order. Tentatively scheduled for Thursday to have factory pin stripe re-painted on my SSP. Interestingly, the guy painting my pin stripes was directly involved with Fox Mustang pin striping all those years ago. With a little luck I should have the emblems permanently installed before Christmas .

Old 12-08-2014, 10:36 PM

I see you're wasting no time.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 12-08-2014, 10:51 PM

Yeah, taking advantage of Santa. The equipment needs some tweaking to make it completely accurate, so working a parallel path on it as well. Have already rec'd some pieces, need a few other items still and a couple items for further research. Hope to get through that over the winter.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:40 PM

Default Pin Stripe Re-Painted...New Emblems Rec'd

A factory accurate pin stripe was re-painted on my 1990 MSHP SSP, as noted that it carried via the in-service photographs of this particular SSP. When a prior owner had this SSP repainted several years ago, the pin stripe was not put back. The person I hired to do it is a real Mustang enthusiast (owns a 71 Mach I, 93 Cobra and a newer Shelby GT500) and has a long history of pin striping cars and Mustangs, even the Fox body cars back in the day. He did a great job...here are some photos with it http://public.fotki.com/MOstang/must...ripe-repainte/

The emblems arrived today as obtained from the MSHP supplier. As in the past, they did a great job with them. Anticipate having these installed in a week or so...hopefully before Christmas as I need to beat the snow season here with is coming soon. Although the photographs don't really do justice, here are a few pictures http://public.fotki.com/MOstang/must...m-photographs/

I think it will look great with the contrast of the pin stripe and emblems once those are installed.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:33 PM

Emblems being installed tomorrow and will be sure to get some pics to posted