Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by svopaul View Post
Sometimes it pays to "mark your spot" and place a bid....then later go in at the last second.
That's what I was getting at...nothing wrong with placing one bid to show interest. The problem starts when people think that they have to be winning the auction with days left-to-go. It really only matters who is winning when the auction ends.

Who did it sell to and for how much? (if you have that info)

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 03-28-2007, 11:59 AM
The White Fred Sanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
That's what I was getting at...nothing wrong with placing one bid to show interest. The problem starts when people think that they have to be winning the auction with days left-to-go. It really only matters who is winning when the auction ends.

Who did it sell to and for how much? (if you have that info)
I've lost out on a few things because there were no bids and the seller ended the auction because they didn't feel it was getting what it should...but it depends on the item whether I "mark a spot" or not....But I agree...sometimes people go crazy before the end. Of Course that's good for the seller and bad for the buyer. As a seller I love to see it go up....but as a bidder I hate it...so it's a double edged sword.

I don't know who bought it.....I had a friend who was slightly interested in it and emailed him when it was closed and the response came back that he sold it for $3500 I think. If anyone is disappointed they missed it they probably should have emailed him to see if he would take an offer.....but that's another double edged sword. I hate it when people ask me for a Buy it now price when I list something but at the same time if it's something you really want you just want to ask the seller.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Admin

I just checked my email, and he emailed me this morning and confirmed the $3500, but didn't say who it was. If you find out, have them sign up.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 03-28-2007, 12:15 PM

I think it is great if the car sold !!!! Hopefully the new owner will join up and give the car the restoration it deserves.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 03-28-2007, 12:34 PM
The White Fred Sanford

I don't know who ended up with it...but whoever it was got a heck of a deal!
Old 03-28-2007, 12:37 PM

yep. I would have never let that car go for that price.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 04-04-2007, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
I just checked my email, and he emailed me this morning and confirmed the $3500, but didn't say who it was. If you find out, have them sign up.
I'm the lucky buyer. The hunt started in January when I was up in Cleveland, GA on my honeymoon. We had just left Babyland Genearl (yeah...don't ask...the wife wanted to go there to get a $200 cabbage patch doll) when I saw two beautiful 4-eyed SSP Mustangs: one 83-84 and one 85-86. Thought it would have made the ultimate honeymoon gift to myself to pick one up and drive it back down to FL, but the dealer wanted $7900 each.

Fast forward to March when I saw this jewel in the rough. The car had the trifecta of Foxbody rarity: 4-eye coupe, SSP, and not beat to shit. I figured there would be a bidding war on this so I decided to take a shot in the dark by emailing the seller to see if he would sell outside of auction. To my suprise he was willing to do a local deal and the car was mine.

I'm still wondering why there wasn't at least one bid on it. Generally the Ebay vultures swoop in at the last hour or so, but there is usually some bidding before that. Very odd.

I'll make a formal introduction in another thread, but figured I'd throw a post here for anyone who is interested.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:35 AM

I was considering bidding on it. But I don't bid on stuff till the last minute. You beat me and probably a few others. It's your car and you can do what you want to it. But I would keep it the way that it is, except for the paint. Go back to black. Welcome to the board.
http://public.fotki.com/predator2020/

Last edited by predator20; 04-05-2007 at 12:37 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
The hunt started in January when I was up in Cleveland, GA on my honeymoon. We had just left Babyland Genearl (yeah...don't ask...the wife wanted to go there to get a $200 cabbage patch doll) when I saw two beautiful 4-eyed SSP Mustangs: one 83-84 and one 85-86. Thought it would have made the ultimate honeymoon gift to myself to pick one up and drive it back down to FL, but the dealer wanted $7900 each.
That dealer must have been the infamous Universal Chevrolet and if one of those SSPs was a white '84, it was probably the Milpitas PD car I owned at one time. They had an '84 CHP for sale once upon a time too.
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 04-05-2007, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac88chp View Post
That dealer must have been the infamous Universal Chevrolet and if one of those SSPs was a white '84, it was probably the Milpitas PD car I owned at one time. They had an '84 CHP for sale once upon a time too.
Can't remember the name of the dealership off the top of my head. It seemed to be an independent mom n' pop type of place. All I could see that they had up for sale on the lot were the two SSP's (both with newer white paintjobs) and a red aero-nosed coupe on Welds. The SSPs were in good shape, but the price was quite steep.