Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:24 AM

Default 1993 Beverly Hills Police Dept SSP on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-...#ht_500wt_1064

Quote:
1993 Mustang SSP Police vehicle. This car was owned by the Beverly Hills California Police Department. It is my understanding this SSP was used as a Detective car at BHPD. A color copy of the City Of Beverly Hills Title will come with the car and is attached as a photo for viewing. The car currently has 63,510 original miles. This Mustang SSP was sold by Beverly Hills in 2005 with 60,022 miles and has only been driven a couple thousand miles since. The Mustang has been owned by me for the past year and has been stored inside covered. I have a clean clear title in my name in my possession. This car was used as a police car, thus it has numerous scratches and dings on it. I have tried to show the condition of the car in the photos. However, consider this is a used 20 year old car and is not in show condition (although it has been taken to car shows and parades). Buck tags are in place as are all VIN tags. There is non OEM window tint on the driver/passenger/quarter windows and rear glass. The driver quarter tint is coming loose. There are scratches on the tint on the other windows. The car starts runs and drives well. The tires are not the correct size for the car. It has 205 70 15 on it and should have 225 60 15. The speedometer shows a couple MPH off due to the tires. This car is equipped with emergency equipment for shows and parades. It has wig-wag lights front and back, a red flip down visor light, rear deck blue/yellow flasher and a siren. The car can not be driven on the street with the equipment in working order. I will not ship the car with the blue lens on the rear deck light unless the purchaser provides Law Enforcement Credentials. The transmission in the Mustang was rebuilt in 2012 by Sam's Transmission shop in Salem, Oregon. . It is very strong and has a shift kit. The Mustang had a new heater core from Ford installed in 2012. The Mustang was last run through emissions in 2009 in California and passed. I have no reason to believe it would not pass now, however I am not in an emission area. I have set what I believe is a very reasonable reserve for this car in this economy. There are a lot of photos online of this car at shows and in parades. Google Beverly Hills Police Mustang and you should find them. This Mustang is stored in my secure shop. It is available for inspection by appointment.

PLEASE READ- It is expensive to ship a car cross country. Please consider the cost of shipping prior to bidding. Bidders with less than 5 positive feedback must contact me before bidding or your bid will be cancelled.The last 2 cars I have put on Ebay have had users place a high bid to find my reserve, then retract their bid prior to the end of the auction. It is expensive and time consuming to list on Ebay. Please do not mess with my auction! If knowing the reserve is an overwhelming need, please email me and we can discuss it. Thanks for your understanding and good luck bidding!

Here is the car as listed in our VIN Project:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info164912.htm

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 03-10-2013, 01:55 PM

Just to consolidate on this tread. The following is a thread that was started over a year ago by a prior owner of this car..

http://specialservicemustang.net/for...=Beverly+Hills

Looks like the current listing did not last long.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 03-12-2013, 01:16 AM

Hope this one surfaces again...it's an interesting car that deserves some TLC.

The original owner who tried selling it here sure hadn't kept up on the maintainence during the time he owned it. On the SSP convoy back from the Fab Fords Forever show in 2009 he bailed off the freeway with a massive overheat and I had to rescue him. He was a local and couldn't make an hour trip with his in the 100+ temps that day but afterwards I was able to finish driving 8 hours back home in mine with no fuss.

1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/