Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:14 PM

Arrow 1991 Nebraska SSP for trade

Hello everyone,

I'm considering trading my 1990 Nebraska State Patrol SSP car.
As I understand, I am the second civilian owner. The gentleman I bought it from had a relative that was a small car dealer who bought it from the State Patrol before freshening it up and selling it to him.

Car has 129k and it goes up every day, I drive it to my work at the Nebraska State Patrol, appropriately enough lol.
Car is in really good shape overall. Cleans up pretty well.
But is not without it's minor flaws on the exterior. Paint is original and it has minor dings here and there. Only spot of surface rust I've been able to find on it is on the passenger fender towards the bottom where it meets in the inner fender. Have to look to find it.

Interior is really decent, front and rear seats are showing some minor fading, carpet isn't too bad, a deep cleaning would do wonders for it.

Bare in mind, I'm pretty picky about stuff when it comes to appearances so I might be more critical of the car than some.

Everything body and interior wise, is as it was when it went to the State Auction in 1996. Minus the spotlight.
Full size spare and jack are still with it.

Car is all stock minus the following:

Pony wheels and Firehawks from a 1993 coupe.
Eibach sportline springs. (I have the stock ones still)
KYB GR2 shocks and struts.
Catless H-pipe and Flowmaster catback.
Spec stage 3+clutch & pressure plate. (I have a stock replacement for it)
OEM style replacement headlights.
K&N oil filter.
Kenwood Excellon CD player.

This car is mostly stock and I'd really like it to stay that way.
I find myself eyeballing stroker short blocks and blowers and have to constantly remind myself that this car deserves to not be like every other coupe running around.
I really would need to know for sure that this car would be going to someone who will keep it mostly stock. I'd really love to see it be restored back to it's original in service appearance.

Basically what I'm looking to trade for is another coupe, 85-93, but one that's got a fair amount of mods done to it, is streetable and looks decent.
Highly prefer a 5-speed car, but would look at others maybe.
I would like a straight trade, but might put money out too for the right car.
Trade value is 8k.
I'm not really interested in selling it, but I guess I would consider the right offer for it.

Anyways, enough babbling. If you're truly interested I can get way more pics for you, of whatever you want to see on it. Floors, frame rails, towers, etc.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:35 PM

Well those pics aren't working and for some reason, and it won't let me go back and edit my post now.

There's a small dent/scratch by the trunk lock and a similar dent/scratch on the quarter where it meets the trunk lid. Worst parts of the exterior.
You can see it in the pic here.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:37 PM

Thumbs up

Anyone serious about making a trade offer is welcome to call/text me @ 402-570-67 two zero.

I'm only advertising it here, because I really only want it going to a true SSP enthusiast. I can probably travel up to 300 miles to meet someone, for the right trade.

Thanks guys.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:42 PM

Thumbs up

One other thing to add since I can't edit my original post now. For anyone who's of serious interest, I can get pics of whatever else you want to see on it. The floors, frame rails, rad support, strut towers etc are all in excellent non-bent or rusty condition. Also the title is clean, clear and in my name.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:52 PM

Old 10-06-2014, 10:10 PM

I forgot one thing in my list of non-stick items. The car has fms 4.10 gears. The trans has the correct speedo gear added, so the speedometer is accurate.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Five View Post
Wow! You basically have documentation on 3 years of Nebraska SSP Mustangs. The Special Equipment Parts List is from part of the 1988 order, the warranty card is for a 1990 model, and your car is a 1991. Pretty cool!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 10-07-2014, 11:24 AM

I wondered about that. That's what it came with. Why in the world would they have done that? I noticed the key tag says 1990, obviously a typo, the vin matches?
Old 10-07-2014, 03:37 PM

Wow! Awesome SSP! Never seen that kind of documentation. You are lucky to have that. Best of luck with the sale.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:13 PM

After talking to my boss today, who has worked here at the Nebraska State Patrol for 41 yrs he said the 0122 is the unit number. Which he said was odd, the zero should represent the last digit of its production year. But, mine's a 1991. We wonder if whoever marked the key tag as 90 also goofed up its unit number. Must've been a Monday or Friday lol.