Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 12-13-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Welcome to the site! I used your photos to create a page in our VIN Project for your SSP -

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info256136.htm

That is entirely up to you. Most members here prefer that SSP Mustangs be restored/preserved/maintained. Your local laws will dictate if your area allows restored police vehicles to be operated on the road. Florida is one state that prohibits vehicles from being painted/operated in FHP colors. You would likely need to cover up any police markings/lights regardless of your location, and/or trailer the car to shows. But a SSP does not need to be restored to in-service condition IMO for it to be saved. I had a 1985 CHP Mustang that I had painted all-black in order to use it as an occasional driver. I really enjoy driving these cars (and doing research). Others are excited about the hunt for a rare find. Some are into doing the hands-on restoration of these cars. There are many ways to enjoy SSP Mustangs!
Thanks for the welcome and the inclusion on the vin list
As for restoration, I don't see myself putting it in service condition at this time. I enjoy driving it when weather permits. Someone along the way has removed the a/c compressor, which I will be putting back on A.S.A.P.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk756 View Post
Congrats! Looks like a nice car!

I agree with Bill, as long as you're driving and maintaining it, that's the main thing. Which way you want to go with it is really up to you. Most guys either restore it back to in service condition or mostly stock. But we also have some that restomod them....but as long as it's being maintained and being saved....the legacy will be safe.
Thanks!
And yes it its being driven and maintained. I am surprised at how tight the suspension still is. The interior is complete. What it does lack is A/C and cruise control (for Now)
I have always loved these little notch backs.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:48 PM

Welcome! Good to see another SSP in the North TX area. Can't wait to see more pics
#200882 unit# M9166- SOLD