Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:51 AM
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs

Some updates!
I finally figured out why my dash wouldn't come out. I had a couple more bolts that I didn't see I also dislike the factory plug ends, there were so many!! But I finally got it out and cleaned it up with a Magic Eraser. The ducting will get washed, and the heater core will get replaced as well.

I took the front seat covers apart and found that the bottom frame of the drivers side seat was cracked and bent in several places. It also had a replacement seat back on it. Most likely replaced while 8337 was inservice.
The seat covers were washed with Blech-Wite Tire cleaner.

Today I decided to steam clean the carpet and seats again. The carpet cleaned up pretty nice (except for the fading on the top of the trans tunnel). As I was sucking up the water, I could clearly see all the spilled coffee remanents! The seats cleaned up even nicer with more Blech-Wite and the steam cleaner. Most of the stains on the rear seat are gone.

When my dad (or I) paint the car, the low gloss under the hood and trunk will be replicated. I want my car to look original. I don't like super glossy look. With some tape, I started peeling off the white repaint on the drivers door jam. I accomplished my goal of uncovering the unit #. That will be taped off when the door is repainted

Door panels cleaned.

All clean

Carpet Before

Steam cleaned today

Rear seat before

Rear seat after

From the rear part of the carpet...

And I started taking the whole front end apart.

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
CHP Motor Transport Mustangs
Old 05-13-2012, 08:02 AM

Awesome work Sam. She's got to be getting close to a repaint now huh? Can't wait to see it
Old 05-13-2012, 01:52 PM

Looking good. How's the mechanical portion of the resto going?
Old 05-13-2012, 06:46 PM

Interior looks good, steam cleaning and some time can do wonders to a vehicles dirty interior. I believe I made 9 batches of cleaning sloution for our steam cleaner when I cleaned mine.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:44 PM
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
Awesome work Sam. She's got to be getting close to a repaint now huh? Can't wait to see it
Thanks! I can't wait to see it all new and shiny too It's getting close, but no body work has been started yet, other than some of the paint was stripped off with a razor blade. 90% of the body is straight and rust free

Quote:
Originally Posted by chp1982 View Post
Looking good. How's the mechanical portion of the resto going?
Thanks! Here soon I will pull the motor and replace all the gaskets and possibly a repaint of the motor. Nothing has been started yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSPCHPSTANG3101 View Post
Interior looks good, steam cleaning and some time can do wonders to a vehicles dirty interior. I believe I made 9 batches of cleaning sloution for our steam cleaner when I cleaned mine.
I only sprayed on some tire cleaner(which works wonders). I didn't have any other cleaners. It deffinately turned out much much better. I just wish my carpet wasn't faded.

And I was very happy about this

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
Old 05-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs

Thanks Jack

Can't wait to find some CC1 brackets...

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
Old 05-15-2012, 11:45 PM

Those are some some good close up pic's of the FS CC1 and the Motorola Micor intalled where they should be. Its always a good feeling when you can reinstall a piece of prior police "CHP" History back on the car it once had and it it looks fantastic.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:04 AM
1985 CHP/NEV SSP'S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSPCHPSTANG3101 View Post
Those are some some good close up pic's of the FS CC1 and the Motorola Micor intalled where they should be. Its always a good feeling when you can reinstall a piece of prior police "CHP" History back on the car it once had and it it looks fantastic.
X1000 On that !!!
1985 California Highway Patrol #8336 Napa Ca office.

1985 Nevada Highway Patrol #30. Federal Test Car. Reno Nv office.

California Highway Patrol#8336 & Nevada Highway Patrol #30 Restoration Pictures.

http://public.fotki.com/CHP8336/
Old 06-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHP8336 View Post
X1000 On that !!!
xINFINITY...ok maybe not that much

Didn't see these replies lol

Not much more done on the car, other than I took my '84 carb off and started taking stuff off the motor and around in the engine bay.

I had decided, that I wouldn't pull the motor, just strip it down and clean and repaint around it.
BUT, after looking through Aaron's thread on his Kansas SSP, I have decided that... I will be going farther into this resto than most everyone has with their CHPs. Not saying that CHP owners have done cheap restos, I am just at the point of: 1, Repainting and putting it back together. or 2, taking the motor and trans out, stripping the front suspension and engine bay, and restoring the car like Aaron has done to his.

It's either, hurry and wish in the future that I had done a more thorough job, or do it right the first time. I don't believe any of us 85 CHP owners has done this thorough of a job?

Sorry Rich, I don't think 8337 will be able to attend Ripon this year as I had hoped , but I will try and get my dad to bring the EVOC.

Just thought I should update this since I hadn't in a while. I am shooting for the quality of a magazine car, and possibly have my car featured in the new Fox Mustang Mag someday if it sticks around. That is also why I want the equipment to be as correct as possible.

And thanks everyone for the kind comments before, they help keep me interested more and drive me to work on the car. It's kind of hard to where it is at right now, but I am trying to get it to paint before the summer ends

I can't wait to see my car in a line up like this

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
Old 08-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Max Wedge

Love that car such a great find.