Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 10-12-2016, 04:55 PM

Default 1989 Hall County (unconfirmed) SSP

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/5803900755.html

Quote:
1989 SSP mustang notch coupe - $4500 (Kannapolis)

1989 special service package 5.0 automatic mustang coupe. Blue with blue interior. ssp certified speedometer shows 138k miles. Car seems to have been an unmarked unit as there is no evidence of exterior markings or remains of antenna holes. The truck release is relocated and the center console is modified but there are no major holes on the dash and other interior pieces like most ssp cars. Buck tags in place as well as all factory vin stickers. All the ssp indicators are present on the car. I don't know where the car was in service. The DSO can be seen in the picture of the drivers door sticker if anyone cares to do a little research. Never been in a wreck and no rust. The car does have hail dents on top panels. The drivers fender needs some hammer and dolly work. It could also use a driver's door skin. Completely stock car except for an explorer intake and set of flow master mufflers. Car is a very solid. Needs a little tlc but has great potential. Would be perfect for a driver or restoration. Call or text (919) 824-5906. $4500 firm. No trades and I don't need any help selling.

This one is already in our VIN Project -

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info289898.htm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 89HallCounty.jpg (61.6 KB, 138 views)
Old 11-06-2016, 04:49 PM

Default Carfax

I ran a Carfax on it just to see what it came up with. But I don't know if it's beneficial at all cause I'm new to the SSP.

But I found a sheriff that was with Hall county for 32 years and he said that they had gotten 2 of them back then but they we're both cream colored. He said they we're a broke agency back then so one was crashed about 5 times of which 3 should of been total losses and the other was ran to death.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20161106-154233.jpg (14.0 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20161106-154206.jpg (13.8 KB, 28 views)
Old 11-07-2016, 09:10 AM

Hearing recollections by an officer from a particular agency is great, although the finer details may be off due to a fuzzy memory after all these years (not necessarily the case here).

So far there are three confirmed SSP cars spanning at least 10 consecutive VINs from this DSO number. The Buck Tags on all three cars only say "STATE", and the cars in our Project are listed as "unconfirmed" in terms of agency use. A dealer may have ordered a batch of cars for multiple agencies/customers, so they may not all be Hall County cars.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!