Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Agency-Specific Restoration
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Agency-Specific Restoration Have an Agency-Specific question? This is the place.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:39 PM
RET LEO

Default 1993 Nevada HP Unit 365

Hello All,
New to the site but not new to the disease. As some of you may know from other sites, I have a work in progress.
Its Nevada Highway Patrol Unit # 365.

I bought this directly from Nevada a few years ago. It was then being used in a D.A.R.E. program. Since then I have discovered it was retired June 30th, 1996 when the assigned Trooper was issued a new Caprice. It had 98,140 at that time and 105,723 when I purchased it Aug 31st, 2009. I have put less than 100 miles on it since then. She LOVES the Sunoco CAM2 110 octane fuel I treated her to back when it was only $7 a gallon ! LOL.

I have the original set of keys marked with the unit number 365. The VIN & Unit numbers match records provided by EXNODRAMANOTCH, ( Thank you Bob ) who coincidentially has the next consecutive NHP SSP !

I have a set of original door stars, radio, siren, lo-jack, radar, Jetsonic light-bar, license plate ( not the correct number but period correct ) and shotgun rack. The car retains it's original Roll-Bar and dual spotlights. I also have a spare set of NOS Gator-Backs on mint 10 holes wheels for show.

Currently I am in need of a Chrome Buddy Bumper, 102" whip antenna, dual door stripes, fender/trunk decals, new clear Jetsonic domes and an " official state " license plate frame.

Anyone that has any positive comments/suggestion/corrections or leads is welcome to reply. I look forward to your input.

Thank you
Old 07-25-2013, 05:51 PM

Welcome Sarge! This site will be a great resource for your restoration. I know you don't like the way your SSP looks now, but post some before photos to help us really appreciate the work you have ahead of you. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

1979 2.3 Turbo Pace Car
1989 5.0 LX Convertible
1993 5.0 LX SSP (Nevada Highway Patrol)
2018 2.7 F-150 XLT 4X4 Supercrew
Old 07-25-2013, 05:59 PM
RET LEO

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXNODRAMANOTCH View Post
Welcome Sarge! This site will be a great resource for your restoration. I know you don't like the way your SSP looks now, but post some before photos to help us really appreciate the work you have ahead of you. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you Bob, But it's UGLY ! There's not a dent, ding or rust anywhere but the paint colors, Ewwww. White with a metalic Green stripe. Maybe I'm biased because I have gone thru so many all white cars I'm starting to become snow blind. All the police cars I build for the movies are, you guessed it, WHITE ! I love adding the graphics just to hide much of that damn white. Let me think about it. maybe.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:29 PM

Welcome to the forum, sounds like a great start.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 07-25-2013, 09:44 PM
It wasn't me....I promise

Welcome Sarge! I spoke with you on elightbars the other day.

Oh and, just go look at my thread about my latest ssp project in the members section and that should convince you to post pics. Your nhp can't look any worse....we all start from somewhere....my alabama car is in much worse shape than my FHP was but they can't all be perfect when we buy 'em....these guys here understand and can see what it will be, not what it currently is.

1988 Alabama DPS SSP - Demopolis Post/Marengo County - Unit #186

1991 GSP SSP - Troop G / Post 10 - Unit #1238--Sold
1986 Nevada HP SSP - Region HQ/Carson City - Unit #289--Sold
1992 FHP SSP - Troop L / Palm Beach County - Unit #1537--Sold
Old 07-27-2013, 04:51 PM
RET LEO

Cool

H Brad ! How are you? Small world. I'm looking forward to putting this in the paintbooth this summer. I had wanted to make the All Ford show at Carlisle, Pa but it wasn't meant to be. My SSP is really quite solid. I can't find one dent, ding or rust spot anywhere. It's just not the right color. But that will change, soon. Anyway here's a pic as she was sitting in the lot when I bought her. I also posted a pic of a speedometer calibration certification I found behind the glove box, The writing is very faded but I'm having a friend in the forensic lab try to recover it. It will make for a nice rare addition to the paperwork. Speaking of which if anyone has any paperwork related to the 93 SSP or specifically Nevada HP's that they would like to sell/share let me know. Copies or photographs are welcome until I can find originals.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My-SSP.jpg (55.7 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg Speedo Cert.jpg (45.0 KB, 51 views)
Old 07-27-2013, 05:11 PM

She looks great Sarge!! Looks like a very solid car. I'm jealous, I love those NHP's!

Are you planning on coming to the 50th Anniversary of the Mustang show in Charlotte next year in April?

Old 07-27-2013, 05:31 PM
RET LEO

Smile 50th Anniversary of the Mustang show in Charlotte

Hi Brad, Thanks. Can't wait to have it done. If you'll post the details of the show, I'll mark it in my calendar and God Willing be there !
Old 07-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Double Bar 7 Point Star

Sarge,

Here's what I have. Your Mustang was issued to Trooper John Donahoe, #226, in Beatty Nevada. I have researched your car and found a gentleman who knew him, but was unable to find any photos of the Mustang, just photos of his Camaro's. John passed away last year.

http://www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com/o...ohn-T.-Donahoe

I do have a couple sets of buddy bumpers but they are reserved for other projects. I currently have a 1975 Coronet and a 1969 Polara, both Nevada cars. I have a few Jetsonic light bars and parts, all used, if you need anything from them. I do not have the antenna but I do have the name of the company NHP uses for decals. Currently NHP uses Vital Signs in Carson City Nevada to make up all the decals. I'm not sure if they made our older ones but you can always ask. Their website is www.vitalsignscc.com

Mike

a bunch of other Mopars, and one Pontiac.

www.nhpcars.com
Old 07-28-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Hi Brad, Thanks. Can't wait to have it done. If you'll post the details of the show, I'll mark it in my calendar and God Willing be there !
Sure thing.... check out the website for the show here.... http://www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com/

Also the thread on this site discussing it.... http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=5080