Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Fallen Miami\Dade Officer laid to rest Today

I was able to see some of the procession on it's way to the Cemetery. Very sad. RIP.

http://cbs4.com/local/local_story_261111156.html

1993 FHP 813
1986 UHP SSP slicktop- Getting there little by little.
1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD

E
ven grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01

Mustang Club of America member.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Admin

David,

I PM'd you last evening and attempted to address some of your concerns. I see that you've been on the site repeatedly today, and haven't bothered to return my PM. I didn't respond to several issues I had yesterday evening with your original post, but now I've had a little time to reflect, so I will.

First off...I don't completely understand your post...you have posted a message containing personal attacks (both on myself, other members of this website, and the SSP Mustang community in general) in an attempt to get others to not post public messages containing personal attacks??

Second...I have not, and I will not, provide you with a list of the erroneous information posted over on .ORG that needs to be corrected. Honestly...I tried to address those issues with Mike long ago, and he refused to make any changes. Why now, when myself and others have formed this website, would I take the time and effort to go back and list every single bit of misinformation so it can be corrected? Many of the changes are already incorporated here. I'm sorry if that upsets you, but that's how I feel, and it's not changing.

No one here professes to be an "expert" on Special Service Mustangs, but I can assure you that we strive to keep the misinformation to a minimum. Anyone who cares to can go pull up some of the past posts you made on .ORG and see that you tended to put info out there, just like some others, that just wasn't right. I've been wrong on things before, and I'll be wrong again, but at least I make an attempt to post up verified, documented information and not what I "think" or "remember" or "was told one time" by someone. Same goes for the majority of the members here.

Next...many here are in the process of restoring cars (some quicker than others). Not everyone has access to their own Ford dealership, parts department, service department, or the funds to buy completely restored $15K cars. Does that make you a better person than anyone else here because you have restored cars? Because you go to shows across the country? I'm sure that I speak for more than myself when I say that not everyone has the ability to travel around the country to attend car shows, be it budget-wise, due to family obligations, work schedules, or maybe just not wanting to attend those types of events.

The mission statement here is what it is for a reason....promoting the cars, preserving their heritage, restoring them, and fun for all. It is, by design, not a place for people who want to talk about modding, racing, or otherwise trashing the cars that we are here to preserve. People may have different definitions or opinions or directions that they want to take their cars in, and that's fine by me. No one is excluded from participating here because of that. However, I've put this thing together, with the help of others, to try and help those who want to restore their cars as correctly as possible. Aren't we trying to establish an actual MCA class for these cars? I remember early on, seeing FHP cars at shows I attended, where the owners put whatever equipment they wanted to inside and called it a "restored, to in-service condition" car. Maybe it was from a lack of information, or effort, but that's why this place exists.

If you, or anyone else, disagree with the way this forum is run, or what is posted here, I suggest you not visit it.

Let's remember how this whole thread started, also. We are not the ones selectively deleting posts based on personal bias or other issues.

Thanks for your time.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 09-19-2007, 05:09 AM
**No Longer a Registered Member**

Mike:

First and formost..

I apologize to anyone I offended. I tried to be general in comments..with no specific names....although some specific issues were referred to. I am also not the best writer...and some things I wrote may have been viewed in a light not intended. I simply want a better hobby environment for all. There were no attacks...just things that need to be done to improve this community..IMO..and the opinions of many others. BTW, the same post was made on BOTH sites..and directed at members at BOTH sites.

Second...I STAND by my reputation..personally, in these forums and in my business. Those who know me and have met me know that reputation. I feel no need to defend it here to you. I never meant to imply I had more resources than someone else or was better than anyone.

Lastly...I posted an 800 number that anyone (you) could call me on from anywhere in the USA FREE...nobody from .NET did...... I saw no reason to respond to your PM. We simply have different views...and that is OK.

I will consider the matter closed and will not debate, post or PM you again. But you may still call 800-493-4330 anytime to speak with me...and I will take or return any call.

Warmest Regards,

David J. Philipkoski
Old 09-19-2007, 06:48 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJP55 View Post
Mike:

First and formost..

I apologize to anyone I offended. I tried to be general in comments..with no specific names....although some specific issues were referred to. I am also not the best writer...and some things I wrote may have been viewed in a light not intended. I simply want a better hobby environment for all. There were no attacks...just things that need to be done to improve this community..IMO..and the opinions of many others. BTW, the same post was made on BOTH sites..and directed at members at BOTH sites.

Second...I STAND by my reputation..personally, in these forums and in my business. Those who know me and have met me know that reputation. I feel no need to defend it here to you. I never meant to imply I had more resources than someone else or was better than anyone.

Lastly...I posted an 800 number that anyone (you) could call me on from anywhere in the USA FREE...nobody from .NET did...... I saw no reason to respond to your PM. We simply have different views...and that is OK.

I will consider the matter closed and will not debate, post or PM you again. But you may still call 800-493-4330 anytime to speak with me...and I will take or return any call.

Warmest Regards,

David J. Philipkoski
David,

Writing skills aside (I personally think yours are fine), I guess we can agree to disagree. I think we both would like a better environment for the hobby, in general, as would many others.

I'll apologize to YOU (generalities aside) if I offended you with a comment about one of your cars. I can be pretty blunt sometimes, but I can assure you that my intention wasn't to offend or upset you. I pretty much call it like I see it, and anyone who knows me well knows that.

No one here is asking you to defend your reputation, or even calling it into question. You DO have more resources than most in this hobby, and that is a fact. When you make comments about others not having restored cars, take shots at the website, etc. you do nothing but further divide us.

I responded to your PM. I'm not sure why you think I would call you (or should call you) if I couldn't get a response back from you. It's not the first time it's happened, and hopefully it will be the last.

Can we move forward now?

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 09-19-2007, 08:19 AM

My God - Does this ever end??? Your motivations, and the those of others, were to attack me, and let's not deny it.

I deleted Jim's post because I found it offensive. As a moderator, I have the right to do that. The word in question was used several times in the post, as well as other inappropriate content. Jim, if you had that much of an issue with it, then you could have contacted me instead of someone else about it, and I would have been happy to explain it; you chose not to. And after pointing out the other 7 or 8 times it was used throughout the forums, I deleted those posts; with over 40,000 of them, it's not easy to keep track of them all.

I find it ironic, Mike, that if the information presented on .org is so grossly inaccurate, that so much of it is present here, including format, content and photos. As for everything else posted in this thread, it's a clear reflection on the type of vituperative activity allowed here, and does not merit a response.

Delete my ID. I won't be back.

Last edited by ImEvil1; 09-19-2007 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Antagonistic remarks removed.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:29 AM
**No Longer a Registered Member**

It was brought to my attention...

I sincerely apologise for highjacking this thread. It was started as a sad reminder of the people who give their lives to protect us.

I should not have made the post in this thread and would ask, if possible..that a Moderator move this part of the thread from my first post if possible. Again..to any law enforcement officer...my apology.

David J. Philipkoski
Old 09-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Admin

Mike,

If anyone here, including me, wanted to attack you, it would have been done as soon as we saw your "claim" to be LEO, and not several months after the fact. You have yet to address that issue, just as you've shown an inability to address the other issues on your website in the past. Here is a word you should familiarize yourself with:

Main Entry: in·teg·ri·ty
Pronunciation: in-'te-gr&-tE
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English integrite, from Middle French & Latin; Middle French integrité, from Latin integritat-, integritas, from integr-, integer entire
1 : firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values : INCORRUPTIBILITY
2 : an unimpaired condition : SOUNDNESS
3 : the quality or state of being complete or undivided : COMPLETENESS
synonym see HONESTY

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 09-19-2007, 12:15 PM

Nuff said.......DEFINITIVE to say the least.....Sure glad no one mentioned the fact that
Riley posted a link to a gay web site on his own site and thought it was ok! Just for general
information here when you call a 800 number the 800 subscriber will have your phone
number because they are paying for the call..even if you have your line blocked! ..I don't
think that is why no one has called you David.....I think they just don't want to call you.
(((Handy to call someone back in the middle of dinner to tell them about a limited time
offer or one time only offer or deal.)))
Old 09-19-2007, 12:17 PM

lets move on ??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LODD death.jpg (47.2 KB, 60 views)

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 09-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Admin

+1

Mike

'83 Texas DPS