Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:13 AM

Default 1990 Red/Red SSP on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123

The seller added the 6-digit DSO number to his ad after I asked him about it. He also said that the Buck Tags are in place. I didn't ask if he knew any of the car's history. According to the ad, the VIN is 1FACP40E5LF141696. So when I checked in our VIN Project just now, I realized that this car was already listed:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info141696.htm

Quote:
All original, non-modified, SSP Mustang, (headers have been added and exhaust has been upgraded, original catalytic converters and exhaust included if desired), ID number "83" designates car as "Government" issue, was never used as a highway patrol vehicle, buck tags are attached, 160mph speedometer, single key for ignition and trunk, silicone hoses, reinforced floorboards, and relocated trunk release button further verify authenticity, interior is is in very good condition, exterior is solid, no rust, never any accident damage, paint is presentable, but it will need to be redone, passenger door has a small, sharp ding in it. The car is not perfect,and needs some attention, but it's one of the decreasing number of fully original, unmodified SSP mustangs still around.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:16 PM

I like that color combo, although I'm not sure that it is particularly popular with most people.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 05-03-2012, 08:38 AM

Mike, I like the red interiors too. Red does not look good after age, wear, and years of sun exposure. But a factory-fresh red interior (restored or not) looks great IMO.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:00 AM

Any ideas on the potential history for this vehicle (i.e. where it may have been used and by who)? When asked, the seller informed me he purchased it from a friend, who purchased it in 1998 from a dealer, who purchased it at auction.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs

Makes me want a red on red coupe But my dad has something better... a red on red 5.0 Convertible
Still has the antenna cable in the trunk. Says in the description it was a government car.

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
CHP Motor Transport Mustangs