Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 09:33 AM

Default My 1986 ISP SSP

Just to clear up any confusion, I am the owner and seller of the 1986 Idaho State Police SSP Mustang listed on eBay. I'm in Willoughby, OH, near Cleveland. The car is in exactly the same condition as it was when taken out of police service, no modifications whatsoever. Idaho State University took posession of the car after ISP, but they had absolutely no use for it and kept it in storage for over 20 years. The miles are 76,161, original. I have the Idaho title signed off by Idaho State University faculty. Sorry about the "GT front end" comment. You guys are rough!
Old 09-22-2011, 09:53 AM

Thanks for clarifying the status of your car. It may appear that some comments are "rough", but we strive for providing information on cars that is as accurate as possible while trying to avoid personal condemnations. There is also a rule here against people/businesses who try to flip cars for profit. Back when this website was established, ebay was the only serious way to sell a collector car online, but they charge for that service. So people/businesses would post their collector cars for sale on specialty websites for free. Although we want to see these SSP's end up in the right hands, the .NET staff tries to identify situations where sellers are only here for personal gain. So yes, those comments can be a bit rough, but it's done for the benefit of our members.

Regardless, I hope your ISP finds a good home!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:31 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Thanks for clarifying the status of your car. It may appear that some comments are "rough", but we strive for providing information on cars that is as accurate as possible while trying to avoid personal condemnations. There is also a rule here against people/businesses who try to flip cars for profit. Back when this website was established, ebay was the only serious way to sell a collector car online, but they charge for that service. So people/businesses would post their collector cars for sale on specialty websites for free. Although we want to see these SSP's end up in the right hands, the .NET staff tries to identify situations where sellers are only here for personal gain. So yes, those comments can be a bit rough, but it's done for the benefit of our members.

Regardless, I hope your ISP finds a good home!
+1 to what Bill said, and I hope it finds a good home as well.

Also, I'm not sure who Brett is in relation to you, John, but a majority of the questions surrounding the car could have been avoided had he had the courtesy to respond to them in the thread he posted here, or, since you are apparently the owner, if you would have listed the car for sale here yourself.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 09-22-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcDonald View Post
Just to clear up any confusion, I am the owner and seller of the 1986 Idaho State Police SSP Mustang listed on eBay. I'm in Willoughby, OH, near Cleveland. The car is in exactly the same condition as it was when taken out of police service, no modifications whatsoever. Idaho State University took posession of the car after ISP, but they had absolutely no use for it and kept it in storage for over 20 years. The miles are 76,161, original. I have the Idaho title signed off by Idaho State University faculty. Sorry about the "GT front end" comment. You guys are rough!

Hello John, thanks for joining and welcome to our forum. I enjoyed talking with you yesterday about the car. It is a rare find, especially with the mileage. I will pm you my email address so you can send me the pictures we spoke about. Good luck with the sale. I believe it will do well.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 09-22-2011, 12:51 PM

I like this one, but i dont have any more room...
92 ssp Kansas Highway Patrol #270(1 of 7) sold
89 ssp Az Dps sold
93 svt Cobra #4892
12 Boss 302 #1749
Old 09-22-2011, 04:44 PM

I hope this one finds a great home as well...what a great start.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 09-22-2011, 05:20 PM
...Gathering Parts

So, John, Brett, Ron too I assume?

There are a few of you guys there in Willoughby that are tied together with the patrol car refurb group.

Nice car and starting point. For the sake of the hobby, I also hope it is going to a good home.

Before you get rid of the car, would you mind telling me what the number is on the label on dash panel? Would be nice to know the ISP property number for research.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:43 PM

Thumbs up

post up a pic of the dash label. I have never seen how ISP marked their units.

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 09-22-2011, 11:38 PM
...Gathering Parts

There are only two identifiers on an ISP Mustang according to my research with ISP,

1. On the dash there was a Dymo label like in the eBay ISP Mustang photos:

2. The other is the license plate with an ISP 3 digit number which is a direct plate assignment for the trooper. Trooper takes the plate off and goes with him or her if they get assigned a different vehicle. As seen on one of the site photos:

So any of these cars have to have the property number on them for verification of service and who was assigned to the vehicle for now according to ISP as all their fleet records have been destroyed as have these labels since they are to be removed before auction. I, however, will not give up and will try to find another way for those without the labels.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:48 PM

i guess the car sold? it is no longer for sale...

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Closed Thread