Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Welcome!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Welcome! New Member/Visitor area. Feel free to post up any questions you have about the site or the forums.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:05 PM

Smile Hello to all!

Hello everyone,
It’s nice to be active in the community finally!

I have owned a few mustangs: 1990 GT Hatchback, 1991 LX 5.0 Coupe, which have been sold. So I know my way around the basics of the foxbody platform. The 91 mustang had an automatic, and I converted it to manual. I also did a 5 lug conversion on the 91 and changed the rearend. Most of my work has been done on the 91 Mustang.
My friend who had been a Mustang nut long before me (high school) told me only to buy a 87-93 due to the aftermarket world, they make mostly for the 87-93 range.

I currently have a 1984 Mustang 5.0 CHP LX/L Coupe, and I bought it not knowing it was a CHP car, and the owner didn’t know either. *Score*

Basically I'm trying to convert the 84 to be compatible with the 87-93 Mustangs (IE: drivetrain/suspension/motor?). I don't want to adopt anybody or interior changes! I love the 4 eye mustangs, and the 84 was just enough retro to make me re-fall in love with Mustangs again. So, some of my questions on the forum will relate ted to that.

I also have some questions about TRX handling package, and I'm hoping some experts here might be able to fill in the blanks. I have been reading the forums and other forums, searching Google and I have the Chilton manual and year by year Bentley house pub mustang book.

One thing I enjoy about this forum is the people seem to be more focused on the foxbody platform, and are much more mature then the corral and other places.

I’m going to be on here as much as I can, I would like to be active in the forums and help others and get help with some of the things I need.

It's really saddening to see the Fox Mustang slowly disappearing. The local pickyourpart must crush 10 fox bodies a week, so it's just a matter of time before things change completely. I really want to keep this website alive and I will do what I need to do to help. The cash for clunkers has also killed a ton of fox body's, and I would like to think California is the largest State to have mustangs.

**I'm not a drag racer, so I really don't enjoy the advice from people expecting that's the only thing to do to these cars. I would like to make the car handle like a Porsche, and take it out to Willow Springs Raceway. My grandfather died on the racetrack in turn 9 in 2008. I think it was the first death they have had on the track ever! He was 75 and had a supercharged newer mini cooper, with about $20k more upgrades into it. He was a professional race car driver when he was younger, and had many race cars (before my time). This was his retirement gift to himself, to race into his old age. This is my inspiration for wanting to race on the track.

Anyways, I can babble on these kinds of subjects. I don’t want to waste any more of your time.

THANKS!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:45 PM

welcome to the forum.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/