Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
I'm sure you just might see it for sale soon. If what I've been told is correct, it sold last month for around $1800.
===================================

Did you mean $18000 vs. $1800? Thanks.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 05-31-2009, 09:47 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpatte5 View Post
Quote:
I'm sure you just might see it for sale soon. If what I've been told is correct, it sold last month for around $1800.
===================================

Did you mean $18000 vs. $1800? Thanks.
I believe it was $1800 (1986 FHP car).

http://www.sspmustang.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7996

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 06-01-2009, 08:29 PM

Ok, thanks...I must be thinking of a diff't car.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 06-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpatte5 View Post
Ok, thanks...I must be thinking of a diff't car.
No prob....just doing my part in the "Information only" thread.

That way, when the car shows up next month for sale for 3X what it was purchased for, a potential buyer might have access to that info ahead of time.

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 06-01-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
No prob....just doing my part in the "Information only thread.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Not necessarily. The seller may have wanted to avoid generating any turmoil had he posted it on the SSP forums. Maybe he purchased it from a forum member and didn't want to be perceived as a flipper. Alas, we may never know his reason(s).
Bill, my sarcasm is not directed towards you here but obviously the seller chose not to offer the car to other members here, and that is his choice to make. Its a shame that some choose not to give members first shot but unfortunatly that is the way $ome people think. Just put it in the back of your mind and beware the GGG goblins. The worst part of it is the $neakine$$ of the whole thing....$ecret$ galore.

I sold 6 ssp cars last year that I had owned for awhile. A couple were restored and a couple needed alot of work. I sold them to fund my GT500. Incredibly, (with small minds being what they are) I was called a flipper. Ignorant comments aside just remember that true enthusiasts buy cars to restore and if they decide to sell for some reason, they offer them to other enthusiasts without focusing soley on the profit margin. Flippers just buy a car, detail it a little, throw on a paint job, call it a "restoration", and then ask double what they paid for it.

Here at net we very seldom ever have any turmoil between our own members. Most of the turmoil caused is when a non contributing member reads something then whines about it elsewhere. We weed them out as we go which makes this a pretty nice place to hang out.

anyway......I spent way to much time on this subject so I am done with this one.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 06-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
Ignorant comments aside just remember that true enthusiasts buy cars to restore and if they decide to sell for some reason, they offer them to other enthusiasts without focusing soley on the profit margin. Flippers just buy a car, detail it a little, throw on a paint job, call it a "restoration", and then ask double what they paid for it.
Well said.

True enthusiasts usually have a reason for selling (not that it's anyones business anyway) and don't make up lame excuses everytime they flip a car (whether it's for profit or not).

How many times (even recently) have we heard about the same car(s) being sold back and forth between a few people over and over and over again?

If a dealer shows up here wanting to sell a car, I take no issue with that whatsoever. Same goes for a private seller, like our friend from AL. My issue, like yours Jim, is when dealers try to pass themselves off as enthusiasts, or people who are only interested in making $$$ from the actual enthusiasts in the hobby show up trying to take advantage of others. It's all about integrity, or the lack thereof, and I can assure you and everyone here that this website and the forums here won't be used for that.

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 06-01-2009, 10:59 PM

Old 06-02-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Andy is just here to add the comedy stuff

Very true!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 06-02-2009, 03:23 PM
It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
No, but the buyer is posting over on the other SSP forum now under the username CNTLOSE. It seems like that SSP went to somebody with good intentions for the car.
Just found this thread. I am the one who purchased the '89 White SSP. I am planning on doing a restoration on the car...and keeping it. This makes two Mustangs I currently own. The other is for modification and this one is for restoration only....the other is a '94 GT not an SSP.

This car is actually very solid and runs like a dream. I have a Carfax and I am the fourth titled owner since WSP sold it in 1996. The last titled owner had it for 10 years in Washington State. I am going to enjoy it for the next couple months and start tearing into her come fall. All it needs is new suspension, a few cosmetic things to the interior, engine bay cleaned out, fix two small dents and a re-paint. The biggest part is NO Rust. My body guy was very impressed with this car. I plan on pulling the motor and repainting the engine bay. Clean and paint the engine and have misc brackets and other items powdercoated to the original factory colors. Once I get started I will make a thread on the restoration process...which will take awhile because I want to do it as correct as possible.
The car will be at Indy this weekend on Fri and Sat if anyone is going. Feel free to stop and shoot the BS.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS