Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
None of my radioshacks had the NMO mount, but I ordered one yesterday from their website. Should have it tomorrow hopefully, and it will get mounted asap! Thank you again!
Glad i could help.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:53 PM

Default wow what a job

i am in the process of re assembling my 86 xRCMP. ssp and I am embarassed to show my pics on here, but I will soon, what an excellent job, great photos for reference for me as well. I am rolling along slowly on my interior, what carpet did you get, supplier & colour, I am debating putting in my worn carpet until I can find a good used blue interior. I never had much luck with the fit of restoration carpet. what tires did you buy, looks great..Brad
Old 10-15-2011, 11:17 AM

You shouldn't be embarrassed to show your car... you should see mine, it's terrible... and yet i still show it for the process of restoration.
Proud owner of the vehicles:
1989 Ocala FL SSP unmarked drug enforcement unit
1989 Mustang GT (5 speed conversion)
1990 FHP unit - SOLD
1991 Davie, FL SSP #142 - SOLD
2014 VW Jetta SportWagen TDI
Old 10-16-2011, 09:30 PM

Brad, I can't wait to see some pictures of your car! Please post them up! Fox Mustang Restoration ordered me the correct blue carpet from Trim Parts, who they don't normally distribute through anymore because I had read T.P. was the best. The fit is pretty awful, bad enough I'll probably have to replace it at some point. It's bunched up down by the floor, and feels like it's backed with cardboard. I heard the ACC Carpet wasn't as good, but after having this in there I'll try it. The tires are original Gatorbacks, that's why they look so good
Old 10-16-2011, 10:35 PM
...Gathering Parts

So the carpeting is too stiff or what? I have researched some of these carpet places and it seems that possibly the backing might be too stiff if you get the thicker backs and may seem wrong for the application. I'm looking too for a replacement for my 86 so I was curious what you are going to pick. I see that ACC is expensive too and someone like "Stock Interiors" out of SC are far less money. Just wondering what the difference is??
Old 10-17-2011, 08:13 AM

Very nice, car looks great!
92 ssp Kansas Highway Patrol #270(1 of 7) sold
89 ssp Az Dps sold
93 svt Cobra #4892
12 Boss 302 #1749
Old 10-17-2011, 05:34 PM

Greg, the backing on the carpet is far too stiff and it's just not molded correctly in my opinion. I don't think ACC carpet is any more expensive than the Trim Parts I purchased, but I heard their colors don't hold up as well and fitment isn't as good. Honestly, this isn't horrible, but it's certainly not concours quality so I'm not satisfied. I've never heard of "stock interiors", if someone else gives them a shot and has good luck I'd consider it.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:38 PM

Can we see it with the antenna already ?

Chris, you will have to shorten and bend the whip where it comes out of the base. I was gonna send you one that was used but I figured you might want a new whip.
When you get it on the car, it will lean way off the right side. Bend it toward the center of the car until it looks straight from a forward or rear perspective.
I can't comment on the length though. I bought this batch of antennas from the TxDPS through an auction. They havnt used these antennas in quiet some time so I like to think they were leftover from the mustang era.
I totally dig your car! It's amazing to me.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:29 PM
...Gathering Parts

With the frequency range being between 154.000 to 159.000 mHz for Texas DPS, the whip should be somewhere around 35.9" in length for a 1/2 wave mid frequency of 156.500 mHz. That's if my calculations are right ranging between 36.47" to 35.34" respectively for the frequency range they used.

What was the used whip's length?
Old 10-18-2011, 10:51 AM

Thanks for the information guys! Texunter, thank you for the compliments and thanks again for the antenna. As soon as it is mounted, I'll post pictures. I've got the rear SHO-MEs mounted already, and have period Exempt plates for the car, so I'll have to take it somewhere and get a couple pictures from the back with all of the new kit installed. She's getting closer every day!

And Greg, thanks for that info on the length. I'll check that ASAP!