Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Show Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Show Info A place to share information on upcoming shows or other events.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:12 PM

Default KSP 60th Anniversary Celebration

WOW!!!!!!!

As some of you may know we have worked with Kentucky State Police to display the car at their events. As you can imagine this is just as exciting as it is nerve racking. The Kentucky State Police held their 60th Anniversary was held yesterday at the Fairgrounds in Louisville.

We had the chance to meet up with some of the contact that we have used to organize shows. It is always great to put a name with a face. Toward the end of the night we met with the Commissioner and introduced ourselves. We had written him a letter regarding the car in the past. The first comment was, "I hated having to write that letter." He then asked if we saw the car outside and made a comment about how nice it was, of course our car. He was VERY impressed with the car and offered us some advice for showing the car. We then talked to the Assistant Commissioner which just so happens to be a car guy. He was blown away with the amount of history we had on the car, as well as how rare and valuable they were.
As I was rounding up my items from the auctions he gave Dad his card and told him if we needed anything to give him a call.

What a great night. I think that this goes to show that with the right support, attitude and respect our hobby will not always be looked down upon. There is always the risk of a want to-be within the group and we will never see the day when LE agencies tell us to just drive them how they are, but when they understand and respect the hobby it looks promising that it can continue. There a lot of civilians that own these cars and as long as we continue to represent the hobby properly we will be able to keep it that way.

Here are the pictures. ENJOY!!!!

KSP 60th Anniversary Celebration
Old 10-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Admin

Chris,

Very nice pics. I like the part in your post about maintaining a positive relationship with the LE community. I don't think that the hobby is necessarily looked down upon right now, but the actions of a few certainly add to the whole "wanna-be" perception held by many.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363