Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Show Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Show Info A place to share information on upcoming shows or other events.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:14 AM

Default 25th Annual land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic Show

This show is for classic muscle cars with a 12:1 weight to horsepower ratio, but this year they added a "modern muscle" category which is by invitation only. My SSP does not meet the 12:1, but they invited me to show the car as a "special interest" vehicle in that category. The show is at a new venue too (near flying cloud airport in Eden Prairie, MN). Should be fun!

http://www.musclecarclassicshow.com/

1979 2.3 Turbo Pace Car
1989 5.0 LX Convertible
1993 5.0 LX SSP (Nevada Highway Patrol)
2018 2.7 F-150 XLT 4X4 Supercrew
Old 07-26-2011, 10:40 AM

That looks like a good show. Pease take (and post) plenty of pictures.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
That looks like a good show. Pease take (and post) plenty of pictures.
The show was great (unbelievable quantity and quality muscle cars), venue was better than expected (there were trees and location of building provided shade), and the weather was perfect. My memory was not so good, as I left my HD Flip camera in my Daughter's Mustang from the show we went to in WI on Saturday. I remembered it just as I pulled out of my driveway, so I could have gone back to get it, but I left that Mustang at the cabin (another WI show next weekend) and I drove back with my wife and daughter on Saturday night. The SSP was a big hit and had a crowd around it all day. I met an installer who is going to get me a key to unlock the repeater trunk mounted unit and a gentleman who set up the auctions for the state and sold the MN SSP mustangs at auction (he is going to find the original dealer who they were delivered to in MN for me). I also met a man who knew the woman who drove my SSP as her duty car and that she had a little toy dog with a bouncing head sitting on the package tray of her SSP. She was attractive, and had long blonde hair and guys would pull up along side and want to go, and when they did she would pull them over (no warnings just tickets). I guess she made a few enemies on Hwy 52 between Hastings and Rochester, MN. I also met an editor/photographer from Muscle Car Review Magazine and he took some preliminary photos of the SSP to submit to the editor in chief for a possible story and full photo shoot. I'll post the link to the club photo page when they post them up. Sorry for letting you down (getting old sucks).

1979 2.3 Turbo Pace Car
1989 5.0 LX Convertible
1993 5.0 LX SSP (Nevada Highway Patrol)
2018 2.7 F-150 XLT 4X4 Supercrew
Old 08-08-2011, 08:31 AM

We'll give you a pass on this one. Just a warning - no ticket.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!