Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:51 PM

Default Purchasing 92 SSP?

I have found a 1992 SSP without motor and tranny. Blue interior. I was told it is an SSP, but the buck tags are gone. He wants $1000. I have an 88 gt I can pull the tranny and motor out of. Does lost buck tags make the value go down?? He says it has a sticker that says it is an SCHP car.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:34 PM

Im waiting on the vin# to be texted to me. Can I find out what I need to from that?
Old 12-26-2012, 07:51 PM

First off, welcome to our forum!

Once you get the VIN, you can check it against our VIN list of 1992 V8 notchbacks, as found here:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/VINlist/92VIN.html

Just remember, finding that car's VIN on the list does not prove it is a SSP. You have to look at other factors, because the list includes civilian cars and SSPs. Are there any other confirmed SSPs with active links inside the same batch of cars? SSPs were typically produced with consecutive VINs, so if this car's VIN falls between two confirmed SSPs within the same batch, then it is definitely a SSP.

You will need to check for other SSP clues. If the original VIN label is still on the driver's door, see what the DSO number is. All SSPs have a 6-digit DSO number, but having a 6-digit DSO does not prove the car is a SSP. Some civilian cars were specially ordered too. But if this car has a 2-digit DSO, then it is a civilian car. There are other clues to look for as well, which are discussed in our technical section.

The missing Buck Tag does limit the appeal somewhat, but now that you can order a Mart Report from Marti Auto, you can discover with certainly how the car was originally optioned.

Please keep us posted...

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:26 PM

Got the vin# 1FACP40E7NF140262. what do I need to get next? It does not have the buc tags.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:51 PM

I just got told the vin on the door is different than the car.So I guess the DSO# doesnt matter. Thanks for all the help.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:01 PM

You're welcome. That VIN is part of a batch of 26 consecutive VINs, with no confirmed SSPs in the batch (yet!). We have a car in our "pending" folder with the last 6 numbers of 140263, whose DSO appears to be 21-0517 (the Atlanta office, which is consistent for SCHP cars). This particular car (140263) is one of those vehicles we believe is a SSP, but we have not run a Marti Report to confirm it.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:04 PM

Awesome! He gave me the car facts. 12 owners, no accidents, has relocated trunk release. 160mph speedo. and has a south carolina county sticker inside the glove box. I just want it to be the real deal and get it back to original
Old 12-27-2012, 12:13 PM

Anyone have access to marti report to run this vin# I posted above.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlelectric View Post
Anyone have access to marti report to run this vin# I posted above.
They don't work that way, you purchase them on an individual basis.
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 12-27-2012, 04:34 PM

Oh thanks. I thought it worked like an oasis report with the diesels. No prob.