Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs The 4-eyed cars.

Old 05-26-2007, 11:01 AM

Default '85 FHP in cajun country?

Yes, that's right. My first SSP finally made it home from Brian's house ( predator20 ), kicking and screaming. It literally jumped off the trailer when I crossed the Louisiana state line. Damn thing slipped out of all of the straps when I left the gas station at 11:30 last night. Luckily, it was in my hometown and my sister still lives there. Wake up brother-in-law and tell him "bring a floor jack." A few minutes and a come-a-long later and I was rolling again. The strap that held the car from coming off all together, which was only put there originally to hold the front bumper on, wrinkled the driver's front fender beyond repair and pulled the cowl panel up a little. But all in all, very minor compared to the potential dissaster that could have occured. With how many times these cars are transported around the country, let it be a reminder to double, triple, quadruple strap these cars in. With how many times I tow equipment, you would think that I would know better than to trust the U-haul system to hold. Everything lately has to be an adventure. Well, all is safe and secure now. Looking forward to getting started on it. I will post some pics later, after I get back from Fun Ford. The batteries in the camara always seem to be dead.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:25 AM

Damn that sucks about the car almost coming off the trailer. I was going to send you an e-mail to see how the trip back went. At least it made it back in one piece and not too badly damaged. Good luck with the car Donny and I look forward to seeing progress pics.
http://public.fotki.com/predator2020/

Last edited by predator20; 05-27-2007 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Admin

Congrats on the purchase....rare, rare car.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 05-27-2007, 12:47 PM

I posted a couple of pics, one of the damaged fender. Not bad, though. Bolt a new one on and know one will ever know. It's not much to look at a this time, but I have located just about everything to put it back together quickly. I have some rust repair to take care of before I go to body and paint. It does not have the buck tags or a door tag, but has been verified by title, Carfax and VIN check with Mike M.'s car. His is the only other one that I had access to and it is numerically pretty close to his. The FHP creme paint is showing through in numerous places and the body holes match up. Regardless, it is an '85 FHP and there are not many known to be out there. I am anxious to get started on it later today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01146-2.jpg (45.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01145-2.jpg (69.6 KB, 28 views)
Old 05-27-2007, 01:07 PM

At least that was the only bad damage and I guess I 'am glad I didn't bolt the front end on the car. If I had we never would have strapped the front end like we did and some serious damage would have occurred if it rolled of the trailer. Now get to work on it. So I can regret selling it to you when you get everything fixed and the car back together.
http://public.fotki.com/predator2020/
Old 05-27-2007, 05:33 PM

That looks NICE! I bet that will polish up real good.
So what all is missing from the car?
Matt
Old 05-27-2007, 09:07 PM

A lot. Engine, transmission, tan interior and a lot of misc. items. It has some rust issues from leaf build-up. So far, I have located, but not purchased, a full tan interior and an '85 GT engine. It should start to come together by the fall, I hope. Body and paint will take some time, since it's primarily black. It will have to perfect.