Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:34 PM

Default 1986 Nebraska SSP

1986 Nebraska SSP

The GOOD:
This car is thought to have 194K on it but I am thinking 94K due to the carpet not being torn up and there being very little to no fade to the seats and anything else. This car runs very well. I drove it from Lufkin, Texas to katy, Texas at night in the rain after I dropped Roman's trailer off after picking it up in Iowa. It ran good and strong... I never once felt I was going to get stranded. I was also running on 7 cylinders too as it had a broke plug and bad wires. This car is the only one of that year model to be known to exist. It is a 5 spd, with single key lock set and full set of 5 steel SSP 85-86 wheels. Has a new battery, belt, spark plugs and wires. I have not yet done anything with it since getting it home other than search for period correct parts for the car. I have found a lot and have run down a lot of items that should be in the car if i don't have them. I have the working period correct Jetsonic lightbar in a good configuration as shown in this POST. I have a motorola radio for it along with the antenna's for the car.
I have also replaced the SSP specific seatback as it was broken when I got the car. The passenger door panel was replaced and looks as good as the driver side. I will try to steel some time when I get home to put the interior back together and take some pictures of the car out in the sunlight. That way I can get pictures of everything.

1 - working jetsonic lightbar with gutter brackets
1 - VASCAR unit with new parts.
1 - MPHS80 radar unit for the car
5 - 85-86 steel wheels
1 - Motorola Micor radio complete.
1 - Unity S6 spotlight with bracket (may need some work)

I also have some original Nebraska state docuentation for the car as well.

George (policessp) has provided some other information about the lightbar antenna mounting as well as the mounting of the CB and scanner.

The BAD:
this car took a hit to the driver side at one time straight on. There is sone frame damage that can be replaced/repaired I have a used frame rail for it. I have just not had the time to pull the engine and trans to cut the old peice out and put the new piece in. I use to have photos of the damage but cannot find them. The driver side hangs down about 1.5"-2" as a result. You can't really tell in the photos. There is rust in that exact spot where the bend to the frame is. It would be replaced anyway. I really wanted an 86 SSP as it is the best of both worlds being EFI and also a 4 eyed variety. There is some surface rust on the bottom of the doors. I have not really investigated them thuroughly as I would just replace if needed. I know there is some deep old rust spots on the passenger outer skin. I have a replacement driver door just not a passenger. the car really needs to have a restoration like what Bernie is doing to the 86 UHP.
the car needs a headliner and visors (may have visors) as well as the driver seat recovered as it has a tear in it.

Maybe BAD:
I have not had the car but about a year and it is not in my name but I can get that done only once the car is has a cat back on it and insurance. I have to have a state inspection done before I can get the title in my name as it came from out of state. I still have the previous owners email address and had conversed with him a few months ago about getting the original radio for the car from him. It has a CD player in there now.

I can only point you to the cardomain site right now and post what pictures I have with me. I am out of town working and won't be back into town until February 15th when I can get more pictures if needed. I have a lot of information to help with the resotration of this car too...

As the car sits right now I need $3250.00...

MORE_PICTURES

Matt
matt.buckmaster@aplsolutions.net
832 725-1722
Old 01-31-2008, 11:28 PM

I also have a Federal PA300 with mic...

Matt
Old 03-07-2008, 05:51 PM

Sorry, this car is not currently for sale any more...

Matt
Old 03-07-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHP8302 View Post
Sorry, this car is not currently for sale any more...

Matt
Glad to hear that.
http://public.fotki.com/predator2020/
Old 07-08-2009, 09:49 PM

OK, sad to say it, but this has to go... It is still untitled (not in my name) and has no catback on it. I have replaced the rear deck lid and front driver fender

I don't have the $$$ to get it titled, tagged, insured. There are to many other Family obligations right now for me to worry about this car and the few repairs and the painting of it to get it perfect.

$2200.00 FIRM....

There are crappy tires on the wheels and 1 brand new tire for the spare.

It's gotta go... I will have to let this go outside the SSP community if this goes over 4 weeks for sale.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 07-08-2009, 10:02 PM

When you say still untitled...would that mean it's still titled/registered in the previous owners name?

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 07-08-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpatte5 View Post
When you say still untitled...would that mean it's still titled/registered in the previous owners name?

Correct.

It's been in the garage and in storage and started and let run and driven around the block every week.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:02 AM

I'm not sure how the laws read on that but think if I were the previous owner wouldn't be too happy to know the car was still titled and registered in my name. Seems like if something unfortunate happened would make life miserable (or at minimum inconvenient) for person who already sold car but who it's still titled and registered.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 07-10-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpatte5 View Post
I'm not sure how the laws read on that but think if I were the previous owner wouldn't be too happy to know the car was still titled and registered in my name. Seems like if something unfortunate happened would make life miserable (or at minimum inconvenient) for person who already sold car but who it's still titled and registered.
Yes, correct but if it never gets off the street you live on most of all out of the drive way not sure what could happen. But that is not to say that suff doesn't happen.

If it is that much of a problem then I'm sure it will sell locally to someone who doesn't care about it's history and will get titled and on the road legally. It would never get restored and for sure never get shown at a car show as a retired SSP.

I'm also sure I'm not the only one who has a car in their garage that has not been titiled over in their name YET.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:48 AM

I have numerous cars I havn't transferred the title on yet. I protect myself with a bill of sale and the cars do not get driven unlicensed or untitled on the road. I would like to have the car but $$$$ is an issue for me at the moment. I don't know of ANY other 86 Nebraska cars running around. It is rare and the price is fair. good luck with the sale...

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP