Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:16 PM

Default 1993 Texas DPS black interior (factory)

This is not my car just an FYI. I wish I could buy it for myself mmmm black interior!

230k + mileage. Current state registration (good till 6/10), just inspected (good till 9/10), clear title in my name. Car is located in Leander, Tx.

Black on black (factory black interior a 9 out of 10)
It will need paint, (DPS is not very good at repaints of their cars) very minor body work (small dent on passenger side behind door)
It has a couple of hail dings, nothing major.
It has never been wrecked, all factory sheet metal and bumper covers still on car.
It will need 1993 Cobra ebrake cables to get a working ebrake.
Drive side door hinge pin bushings need replacing (have parts to do so)
Windshield has crack in it compliments of dump truck and a rock.

Now for the good,

It has the following parts on it:
1996 Cobra black leather seats, in great shape.
1996 Cobra front brakes
1996 GT rear disc brakes
1996 GT master cylinder
1996 Cobra spindles
1996 Cobra 17” rims (refurbished, look like brand new)
SN95 stock rear axles
Stock 3.08 gears
Rear brake bias controller
MM brake line splitter
Cobra brake booster
Earl’s stainless steel brake lines front and rear
Flaming river steering shaft (brand new)
Pro 5.0 shifter with Ford racing leather shift knob
Ford Racing H.D. Aluminum drive shaft
Cory Shaw Aftermarket tubular front K-member with QA1 coil over shocks (extra shocks and spring sets will come with the car)
Subframe connectors
Mac rear lowering springs
BBK LCA’s
Brand new ford UCA axle bushings
Kyb rear shocks
Ford Racing stainless shorty headers
Magnaflow stainless steel X-pipe with cats
Magnaflow stainless steel cat back with 3” tips
Brand new headlight kit (all six) with Sylvania bulbs
C&L mass air meter (19lb injectors)
Mac cold air kit
Ford racing plug wires
New aluminum radiator
New upper and lower radiator hoses
Recent install of new rac n pinion with new power steering pump and all lines
Recent alternator and smog pump
All speakers in car are infinity speakers (factory locations) with clarion deck
The car has been converted from the old 12a Freon and works well, blows cold
The heater core was replace a few years ago
All emissions are still on the car
Car has had nothing but full synthetic oil in it and never missed or over extended on oil changes

The original LX seats will be available and go with the car. I also have a set of used but still useable Nitto drag radials and a like new rear set of street tires that can go with the car as well. When the brake conversion was done I tried using some ebrake cables from an SVO, but they are not the right ones. I just have never gotten around to purchasing and installing the correct 1993 Cobra ebrake cables in the car. You can get them from any autoparts store and it is a quick install. I currently just put the car in gear and don’t worry about using the ebrakes.

The car has never been abused. It has however been “enjoyed” from time to time and only once has been down the ¼ mile. It has been my daily driver since I bought it and abusing or beating on the car that gets you to work every day is not smart, so it was not done. The motor is completely stock other than the exhaust and cold air kit it still starts up and runs great with no surprises. The car is not slammed but lowered for a nice stance. With the front end down if you hit a really hard bump you can bottom out but nothing to really worry about, if you wanted to raise the front you can switch out the springs in about 30-45 minutes. The tires still have some life in them although the fronts will need replacement soon as the car has too much camber in the front for handling purposes and has worn the inside shoulder down, although they are still good to drive on. I have owned the car for 8+ years and put just over 100k in that time, which was mainly highway driving.

The price for the car is $4500, no dreamers, tire kickers or joyriders. If you want the car and have money ready to buy it let me know and we can set up a meet for you to see the car and drive it. No money in hand, no test drive. If you need to have the car shipped that will need to be set up and paid for by you. Payment will need to be in the form of a bank issued cashiers check or cash. The car is not perfect but is in very good over all shape, and it is an Lx special service coupe so if you want it you know what it is. I can get you additional pictures and answer any questions you might have. If you are interested my email is jstrey@sbcglobal.net. I will give out my number via email if you are serious about the car. For pics of the car http://s626.photobucket.com/albums/tt342/Pug1966/