Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:44 PM
The White Fred Sanford

Default 1989 GSP Mustang

I know I am likely going to regret it if I sell this but there is a car I would like to pursue and I really have too many projects...so along with a couple of vintage ones I am going to put a feeler out for this one.

Keep in mind that I was not restoring this car to concourse condition, I was restomodding it to have the correct appearance but better performance so that the car would be enjoyable to drive and take to hobby type track events where you could chase after other Mustang club members....and it's a blast to do that with!

1989 GSP Mustang: Repainted back the correct blue/gray with correct Edge 9000 lightbar installed and functional. I added strobes-2 front and 4 rear. Wig wags are installed and functional as well as a siren and SVP control unit.

Engine: about 2500 miles on the rebuild. I built the engine....heads have the egr bump ported out in the exhaust port, 1 5/8" shorty headers, E303 camshaft, ARP head bolts, Explorer intake manifold, 65mm throttle body, Kirban adj. fuel pressure regulator, liquid filled fuel pressure gauge, Underdrive pulleys, Taylor plug wires. The engine was balanced before assembly.

Transmission: Tremec 3550 5 speed....I did the conversion from automatic. I still have the original AOD if it's important but the car is MUCH more fun to drive with the 5 speed. Backed by a FRPP Aluminum driveshaft

Rear end: 31 spline FRPP traction lock with 3.55 FRPP gears. Moser 31 spline axles with long studs(which hide nicely under the factory center caps).

Suspension: Kenny Brown Caster Plus plates, Kenny Brown Extreme Matrix subframe connector system, Kenny Brown Track kit plus(panhard bar and anti dive brackets). Monroe formula GP shocks/struts.

Brakes: Stillen cross drilled front rotors, metal matrix front brake pads, metal matrix rear brake shoes.

Other mods: 255lph walbro fuel pump, MAC Prochamber.

The rest of the exhaust system is factory Ford 1998 Mustang GT mufflers with MAC 2.5" factory style polished stainless Steel tips.

I replaced the headlights with New FORD lights, not the cheapo aftermarket that the reflector falls out of. The window channel weatherstrip was replaced when the car was painted in April with FORD weatherstrip.

Stereo is an Alpine CD player, aftermarket speakers installed but no boom box or amps.

Spare tire is non painted but has an original Gatorback on it.

The car is not perfect but is very presentable. What is left to do is little stuff someone could tinker with....The interior is original but not torn up...the original rollbar is missing but the marks on the carpet show it was there...I have pictures if someone wants to reproduce it...I just never got around to it. I refinished the original rear quarter trim. I also duplicated a facsimile of the original style mounting tree for the equipment I have...the mount through the floor is identical to original, the rest was to suit what I was working with.

The wheels are nicer than they were originally...these have been powder coated gloss black and I installed NOS center caps on them. The car is permanently marked with the exception of the state seal with is on a magnet(I had not gotten around to having those screened yet).

Things it needs to make it perfect: Quarter windows, interior freshening(carpet, seat covers). Underhood needs detailing. speedo needle bounces at times.

I have the unit number for the car as well. I also have an original Georgia State Trooper license plate for shows, correct front flag plate and light bar cover I had embroidered with "OUT OF SERVICE". The antennas are in the correct location as original on the back but are just antennas...there is no radio installed in the car.

There is much more in the way of maintenance and nitpick stuff I have done. I'd have no problem getting in the car and driving across the country as far as reliability.

If you want to reach me to talk about it my shop number is 205-629-3126. Price is $12,500...you couldn't even think about duplicating this car for anywhere near that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2828Small.jpg (55.6 KB, 121 views)
Old 08-24-2009, 06:47 PM
The White Fred Sanford

Update....Since the car I was interested in going after sold and it seems that I get "picture collectors" who ask for pictures and then never even have the courtesy to say "thanks" or anything else.....and given how much fun this car is to drive I am just going to hang on to it. Everything always has a price and if someone was seriously interested I may consider it but for all intents I am not going to sell this one. It's always a hit at the cruise in's and my son loves to ride in it anyway.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svopaul View Post
It's always a hit at the cruise in's and my son loves to ride in it anyway.
Sorry you lost out on the other car, but those are great reasons to keep it.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!