Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:06 AM

made an error, the car was located in Pa, maybe i can somehow get it, it would be nice with the 85 chp car.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:00 PM

Unfortunately, the more SSP's attract attention from collectors, the more this is going to occur. Dealers only flip what is in high demand. Gripe and complain all you want, it will only get worse as the values increase.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinTiger View Post
Unfortunately, the more SSP's attract attention from collectors, the more this is going to occur. Dealers only flip what is in high demand. Gripe and complain all you want, it will only get worse as the values increase.
Take a look at what's on eBay and look at what the values are doing. A member can't seem to get 9K for a beautiful, 43k mile Santa Clara car over there, yet a rough (rough) '86 FHP sells for 5K?

There has always been demand for these cars. The problem is that more and more people, most of them dealers in one way or another, are showing up trying to flip the cars for a quick profit. Why buy from them if you can find a car that's just as nice from a member or private seller? If they aren't making any $$$, eventually they will go away.

They won't do it here.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 08-30-2009, 01:34 PM

how long should you keep a car, before it is considered to be flipping? for the comment on a 86 going for 5000 on ebay, but a nice car cannot get 9000.00 on the sight, who's fault is that? it is like the 85, i knew i could not buy that car and do all the detail it has for what i paid for it. he even told me if i get tired of it, he would buy it back, for what i paid him.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangnut View Post
how long should you keep a car, before it is considered to be flipping?
Longer than a week.

Quote:
for the comment on a 86 going for 5000 on ebay, but a nice car cannot get 9000.00 on the sight, who's fault is that? .
Several possibilities.
1.)The person who bought it was not informed enough to figure out it's not worth anywhere near that.
2.)Someone just had to have it no matter the cost.
3.)Shill bidding and the car never actually sold.

Quote:
it is like the 85, i knew i could not buy that car and do all the detail it has for what i paid for it. he even told me if i get tired of it, he would buy it back, for what i paid him.
I'm glad you had a good experience with buying your car. This thread really isn't about your car, though. It's about a guy buying a car and flipping it a week later on eBay. If you want to throw $1 or $2K away to someone for doing nothing, I'm sure lots of guys here could use the $$$ to help fund their restorations.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 08-30-2009, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangretriever View Post
Oh now Jim, go easy on the wannabe's......everyone knows that if you go the effort to put emergency lights and police decals on your car it makes you a real policeman. Hmmmm, or maybe that just makes you a douchebag....oh well, whichever fits better!

not everybody that has the lights and sirens are wannabes. just a small percentage, and thankfully they are swiftly becoming a minority.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 08-30-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
i knew he had a small car dealership, when i talked with him on the 85, but he had owned the car for about 3 years, the nebraska car, he said he owned it before, so he bought it back because he new of the car. i think it is a pretty fair deal, what he offered it to me for, i just do not think, people should have a problem with guys buying and selling, like me, i never thought i would have a nice police car, i was able to get one and i hope i will never have to sell it. i have taking it to a few shows, and have really enjoyed it, i actually bought it off of the ssp website, he was very honest with me on the car. the way i look at it, if someone is willing to pay good money for a nice car, then they must really be into the hobby and they will respect and take very good care of the cars. i have only gotten into it over the past 6 months, i think it is very neat.
"He" doesn't have a small dealership. His parents do. They let him buy and sell some cars though.

As for the Nebraska car it could could have been bought for approximatly 9k last week. Now this guy wants 13,995.00??? It is a 10k car all day, if you like all white cars. I personaly like the car but not for 14k. If he owned it before that explains the price, because he must have sold it to the ford dealer, who sold it to Stubes, or sold it back to Morrison. As the dealers keep buying the same cars back and forth (they do this alot) the prices just keep getting higher. In this case the fact the seller is trying to make 5 grand in a week just shows how greedy these guys are. FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS PROFIT..........in a week???

I don't have anything to lose here, heck I have 9 of these cars. The more they sell the more my cars are worth I suppose.

The dealers and flippers can all hang out at org. We don't let it go on here.

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 09-03-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
not everybody that has the lights and sirens are wannabes. just a small percentage, and thankfully they are swiftly becoming a minority.
I know that and there is a difference between someone who accurately restores an OLD police car to show it and a wannabe. When I think of a wannabe the image that comes to mind is of a guy driving a 3 year old Crown Vic with LED's all over it and says it's a "restored" police car.

I have to admit though, even with a 20 year old Mustang I feel like a dork sometimes when I drive my car to a show.....and that's without the markings on it and with the lights covered!

1989 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang - P294

www.fotki.com/mustangretriever
Old 09-03-2009, 11:50 AM

+1 on that Eric.

another example is the non LEO who feels the need to put lights (yellow beacon, yellow strobes etc) on a personal vehicle. Truck, suv etc.

it just screams out "look at me look at me".

I don't understand it myself.

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP