Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:38 PM

Default 1993 Nebraska

Looks like they did good job on the restoration.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb
1985 SVO T-top car 2R
1985 SVO 4E
1966 GT Vert
Old 09-25-2009, 10:53 PM

I believe this is Russ' old SSP, which just ended 2nd run by current owner/dealer on Ebay w/out hitting reserve.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 09-26-2009, 04:08 PM

yep my old car.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:52 PM

yeah it's a nice car but dang sticker price hurts
Old 09-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Mustangs and Muscle

Default 93 Neb. Super NICE

Hi, I was in the area the other day and went and looked at this 93 Neb. car. It's amazing. Stubes -- this car is original paint -- correct? All the bells and whistles on this car and the cool thing about this car is a video of in-car pursuit from when it was in service along with a lot of documentation. Mike Morrison owns the car and he is a long-time SSP collector and really knows these cars. If someone wants an original Neb. car -- this is the one for you. Just my 2 cents...greg
Old 09-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Auto Rides View Post
Hi, I was in the area the other day and went and looked at this 93 Neb. car. It's amazing. Stubes -- this car is original paint -- correct? All the bells and whistles on this car and the cool thing about this car is a video of in-car pursuit from when it was in service along with a lot of documentation. Mike Morrison owns the car and he is a long-time SSP collector and really knows these cars. If someone wants an original Neb. car -- this is the one for you. Just my 2 cents...greg
Mike is flipping the car. Keep that in mind if anyone wants the car and decides to deal with him. It's a $9 or $10K car, IMO, and that's probably close to what he paid for it a few weeks ago.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 09-26-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Auto Rides View Post

i have no idea where the all original paint claim comes from-
i myself had the hood and front bumper cover/fender tops sprayed and blended.
a previous owner had the roof painted along with all the areas under the body moulding around the car......i owned it and went all over the car and i am very critical. i could talk up all the negatives as well as the positives which i won't do on a public forum.
It is one of the more correctly equipped- documented ssps out there and i did a lot of leg work to get it that way
i concur with evil said about the value of the car in this market, and if someone wants to pay what the current seller wants all power to them.

i must not be a good car salesman because as nice as everyone says it is, i couldn't give the thing away!
Old 09-27-2009, 09:16 AM

The car is a nice car and Stubes did alot to make it that way. I have met him and seen his cars and I know he is very particular when it comes to his vehicles. The Nebraska car is nice enough that I had thoughts of buying it myself and I think 10k is the max price on the car.

Thank you Russ for posting the true facts about the paint. It might help another member here from being taken to the cleaner by this guy. I got duped the same way regarding paint by trusting the seller and not doing an inspection first. I learned not to buy from dealers that buy, detail, and then flip cars constantly while they claim to be enthusiasts.

The current seller is embellishing the car and not describing it honestly but the current seller is a dealer flipping a car he just bought so nobody should be suprised. It is a shame when integrity has to take a back seat to dishonesty and selling tactics. I think it is pretty obvious to us all what is most important to these types of individuals when they choose to just literally fabricate crap when selling their cars.

The bottom line is on a high dollar car it is best to have someone you trust look at it before you send money. Even better go inspect it yourself like Mike (MPatte5) did with his NC car.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 09-27-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubes View Post
i must not be a good car salesman because as nice as everyone says it is, i couldn't give the thing away!
I think at the time you were trying to sell it the economy was a huge factor, plus you don't the "circle of friends" option where all the same people bid on your cars for you, running it up to just under reserve, hoping for the last bidder to make the leap.

JPargo is having the same trouble with the 4ok miles Santa Clara Car and that car is as nice as any SSP you will find. I wouldn't mind having that one back too. Maybe I can hit the lottery.........

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 09-27-2009, 04:30 PM

I must not be much of a salesperson either...Jim would love to see you get the car back.and remember you cannot win the lottery if you don't play...
1991 Santa Clara #91054 SOLD