Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Agency-Specific Restoration
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Agency-Specific Restoration Have an Agency-Specific question? This is the place.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:44 PM

Default 1989 Minnesota State Patrol SSP Mustang

I'm placing this post with a hope a current and/or future member here will read it and have some additional information available to share. I have a 1989 Minnesota Sate Patrol Special Service Package Mustang (a 1 of 20) and have been working on returning it back to in-service specs. Unfortunately I'm only aware of 6 different in-service photos of these particular vehicles, with none of them being interior pictures.

Fortunately a friend of mine in the hobby (knowledgable on the MSP and Mustang program) was able to introduce me to a contact with the Minnesota State Patrol, who has been very helpful with information regarding my specific vehicle (such as Troopers assigned), equipment used, etc. Additionally I was put in contact with an individual in the emergency equipment installation business who was involved in the original outfitting of the MSP Mustangs. While I did learn some additional valuable pieces of new information from him, unfortunately no pictures. He passed along a contact with another emergency equipment installation company that evidently did the original installs so I'm hopeful to learn more with this contact (just reached out to him on Friday).

A challenge I seem to face is an understanding that quite a bit of variability existed due to the individual Trooper's input/wants/needs. It would be very helpful to obtain any period in-service interior pics you may have. If anyone here had any photos interior/exterior I would appreciate your help. The six (6) in-service pictures that I already have can be found here. http://public.fotki.com/MOstang/must...nce-photos-ot/

Also I understand the MSP may have used some type of customized radio stand. If so I understand it would have been fabricated by the Minnesota Prison Industries (MNCOR). If anyone has any perspective on them, information and/or photographs of what one of these might have looked like I would be very appreciative as well. For me this discovery phase is one of my favorite aspects of this hobby. Thanks...I appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/