Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Agency-Specific Restoration
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Agency-Specific Restoration Have an Agency-Specific question? This is the place.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:51 AM

CHP8336,
There is no conspiracy to hide this information, it is readily available through the Public Affairs office. I can't speak for Mike C. but I'm not on this site constantly nor do I have the information in my back pocket at all times so I can't answer you as quickly as you'd like.

I would suggest you contact CHP in a courteous manner, they don't owe you or any of us anything and a hostile attitude will hurt everyone. These agreements can be rescinded at any time and if you take the same attitude with them that you have in this thread:

"I want ANYONE ON THIS SITE to give me the proper contact ,at the CHP to get this letter. I want to see If ANYONE speaks up and gives me any contact information. I will bet that NOBODY will give me any contact info. I will sit back and be waiting for the response to this posting. Lets just see what happens???????"

they may be offended and not only deny you but look at the outstanding agreements. As stated by someone else the idea to help each other, not hurt them.

I've had a positive relationship with CHP for 10 years and everyone who has an agreement is very protective of it and realizes it all could go away due to one person. I have given the address to other people, but your postings scare me. I'm not trying to keep this info. a secret but I don't want it in the wrong hands either. We can discuss this more if you want to PM me.

Realistically, I don't think anyone out of state has anything to worry about by displaying decals.

ImEvil1: The agreement does authorize decal usage but it also states:

3)The vehicle is to be driven only in conjunction with appropriate public events....
4)All CHP insignia, light and equipment will be covered when the vehicle is transported on the streets or highways.

These do not specifically address driving vs. trailering but I spoke with the commander at the time and his interpretation was the cars could be driven, it was not forbidden. Like many laws, it is subject to interpretation but as I said earlier I've never been stopped and others who have are OK after showing the authorization.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:08 AM

Thanks for posting up Kevin. I think it helps explain the circumstances better regarding the reluctance some owners may have to share information related to CHP authorization to display their logo on former CHP cars. I agree with you, there should be no conflict with the CHP for owners who live outside of California. However those owners are still subject to the laws of their respective state, or the laws of any other state thruwhich they may be traveling with their car (ie going to a show).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
There is no conspiracy to hide this information, it is readily available through the Public Affairs office. I can't speak for Mike C. but I'm not on this site constantly nor do I have the information in my back pocket at all times so I can't answer you as quickly as you'd like.
For residents of CA who need to contact the CHP for authorization, I think I bolded the right answer.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 06-04-2009, 11:12 AM
1985 CHP/NEV SSP'S

For all members here,I will contact the CHP today and get the proper info RE this thread. As soon as I get a answer I will post. Rich
1985 California Highway Patrol #8336 Napa Ca office.

1985 Nevada Highway Patrol #30. Federal Test Car. Reno Nv office.

California Highway Patrol#8336 & Nevada Highway Patrol #30 Restoration Pictures.

http://public.fotki.com/CHP8336/