Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs The 4-eyed cars.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:51 PM
It is what it is.

So....any news yet?

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 08-29-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNTLOSE View Post
So....any news yet?
I called their cell phone number but it went to voice mail. I tried to get up there today but unfortunately that didn't work out. I curious too.

I love my NHP SSP
Old 08-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05pwrstrk View Post
I called their cell phone number but it went to voice mail. I tried to get up there today but unfortunately that didn't work out. I curious too.
My dad is talking to you right now

Ok guys, it wasn't what I was expecting, but the car had original paint, very nice tan interior, new tires, pretty nice overall. It was locked up so no one could get in and look at the motor. The air box was on the passenger floor so I was telling people the motor was apart on the top end. Bunch of people who looked and sounded like they wouldn't take care of the car or would mod it out. We tried very hard to get it, but some kid bought it for $3300. He was shaking and just kept his paddle up. The car was sold in about 15-20 seconds after it started for $800 or so.

Oh and by the way, it was a 32k original mile Canyon Red 86 GT

I was pretty sad that we didn't get it, pretty much just wanted to leave the auction since I had been standing around for about 3-4 hours anxiously waiting. I kind of felt like if my car got towed and sold off without me knowing until the last minute and I couldn't do anything about it. It was a car that I would have cleaned up and sold no problem since it was a solid roof car. I left a note with the fep address on the car, hopefully he checks it out and see's what he really has.

The Caprice was not a CHP, but a dark blue, grey interior 9c1. It was rough for a complete car, needed paint, rare body mouldings, complete interior, ect. Didn't catch what it went for since I was over checking out the Mustang. The people who looked interested in the Mustang really were interested in the Caprice and bought it. They were the type that would customize/lowride the car

There was one Charger, a 09 IIRC. It had been sitting for some time, miscellaneous parts taken off, multiple flat tires, and no visible damage. Thorough looking over and we came to the conclusion that it had undercarriage damage, thus the oil pan was crushed and all the oil had drained out. Officer probably didn't know and kept driving then the motor went out. I had written bad motor on the windshield just because(we knew it would go for some coin), then when it came to sell some hot shot "I'm better than you" kind of guy thought it had a new motor and called the car junk. I kept myself from telling the guy to buy it and find out for himself. It went for around $3300.

There were two CHP dodge trucks too. One a older late 90s with a bad trans, and a newer Hemi that had been hit in an intersection pushing the front end over about a foot.

A lot of the Crown Vics(all CHP, about 70 of them) went for around 1k-3500.
We were lucky and grabbed the last one for $2100, a 2009 Crown Vic in the Dead Row. Turns out that there was nothing wrong with the car and it had a clean title. A couple other CVs were the same way. I think the running lot was filled so they stuffed some in the non running. Most of the totaled not runners still went for the price that could get a runner for. Back in 2003 (the last time my dad went) there was only a crowd of maybe 50 people and cars were being sold for 25 dollars out in the non running. Today there was 500 or more and I've already told of the prices.

The mustang was gone when we paid for the 09. I was kind of glad I didn't have to look at it anymore. They might have driven it away with a clean title. Did get to take a ride in the 09 though, which brightened my day a little. Can't wait to get working on it in the next couple weeks when it gets shipped up to Oregon.

I wish I could upload the many pictures I took, but this Ramada Inn wifi is fail.

Here's the Charger at least

EDIT: The mustang pic loaded

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
CHP Motor Transport Mustangs
Old 09-02-2012, 02:50 AM

the 86 gt is up for sale again now its 5500 dollars its on craigslist
typhoon intake, bbk cold air intake, professional products 70tb and egr
c&L 73mm mass air
Old 09-02-2012, 12:57 PM

CL Ad: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/3238660046.html

Why should you consider this Mustang:
- 32,000 original miles (title shows original mileage and will include CarFax with sale)
- 1 of 245 Medium Canyon Red Metallic on Sand Beige cloth
- Has only had one adult owner that drove it responsibly and took great care of it.
- Only year of the "four eyed" model with fuel injection (last year of the "four eyes" and first year of the fuel injected engine).
- Solid roof (no T-Tops or sunroof)

Options:
- GT 5.0 Package.
- 5-Speed Manual.
- Power Windows
- Power Door-Locks
- Cruise control

Exterior:
- Great condition for being twenty-six years old.
- Minor scratches, but no dents or other damage.
- Hood vinyl is a little faded, but it looks better like that.
- All the glass is in great condition.
- No clear coat peeling or anything like that.

Interior:
- Great condition for being from '86.
- Seats have very little wear.
- No rips, tears or any damage on seats.
- Rear seats feel as if they were never sat on.
- Carpet is a little dirty.

Modifications:
- K&N Intake. I am pretty sure it is CA SMOG legal (has a K&N badge thing on the grill support), but will include original air box.
- Flowmaster mufflers.

What I ask of you:
- Please be a serious buyer if you are going to contact me.
- If you are going to come and look at the car, please be ready to buy it.
- Do not waste my time.
- Do not insult me with ridiculous offers.
- If you are going to test drive my car, please treat it with respect (no abuse, no high revs, peel outs, etc.).

nine 1 6 71.5 8.4 99

notch back notchback four eyed eyes saleen cobra svo fox body foxbody ssp sn95

Old 09-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs

Yeah I saw that. Kid joined up on fep. He's thinking about keeping it.
He researched it the day of the auction and bought it out of curiosity and impulse lol. He's pretty nice. As long as he keeps his price high it should go to a good owner if he decides to go through with selling it. If he has a low price or accepts a low ball offer it most likely will get modded and originality destroyed.

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
CHP Motor Transport Mustangs