Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2011, 12:56 PM

Default 1989 NHP SSP

I starting this thread because my intro was getting longer and longer in the "New Member/ Vistors" area and I plan on keeping everyone involved and updated on the resto of my car. So here is a little history of my car and how I acquired it. So here goes....

My car was found by Mike (NHPcars.com) back in the early part of June of this year. He told me about the car and sent some pics. I knew when I saw it in the pics this is the condition of vehicle I wanted. As Mike put it this car, "was lost in time (auction fresh) and in perfect shape for a restoration". When I went to look at the car it was Thursday 7/21/11. That is also the day bought it.

Nobody had done any types of mods to it. The body is straight. No rust seen. Buck tags are in place. It has the original blue rims and full size spare with the Goodyear Eagle M/S. The original exhaust was replaced with what is on there now because the OEM exhaust was falling off. This is exactly what I was looking for. I am looking forward to many years with this car.

I was told by the family that they owned the car for the last 10 years. The wife would drive it to work, they'd all get in it and drive down to Mexico where they have a family vacation home, and the hubby would drive it to Reno occasionally. They parked it about a year ago because their 16 year old son was at driving age and they didn't want him to get any ideas. From what it sounds like the family I bought it from were the second owners, the first owner being a guy that bought it from the auction. The family picked it up in Reno.

I did a little work on the rear bumper with a mild paint remover to try and decipher the unit number. I think it is Unit 262. Other than that all I have done so far is vacuum it(which helped alot ), Simple Green the engine bay(also helped a lot), and wash the outside and windows. I have it parked at my buddies auto shop right now and I am putting together a laundry list of things I want to do. The paint you see in the pics is the faded government paint job it received prior to auction. In some of my other pics you can see where this paint is wearing and chipping off to reveal the medium color blue it will wear again(someday).

Here are some more pics.