Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 12:28 PM

The 86 ssp car were the only injected 4 eyed cars.

IMO I predict the 07-09 GT 500 cars are going to go down in value for the first ten years like any other car. I also don't believe they will skyrocket to being worth 40 times original sticker price (not in my lifetime anyway). If anyone is paying attention to our wizards in washington and around the world it is clear that a 500 horsepower muscle car is on the short list of extinction unless it gets 30mpg and has a big bank of batterys in the trunk. As for current purchase price if you are a buyer now is an excellent time to take advantage of the market. Many gt 500's out there around 40k and I have seen a few for high 30's. As with any other economic downturn, individuals have to let their toys go to address other needs and while it is bad for some, it's a real good time to buy. Naturally the biggest issue with resale is originality, miles, and condition. When CS passes (not to wish it on him) and the cars spike in value, there will be alot of people saying I should of bought one 20 years ago when they were reasonably priced.

Lastly if anyone finds an 07 or 08 GT 500 hard top color vapor with black stripes let me know. (It has to be 100 percent original with no mods, all paperwork, window sticker, low miles, etc etc.) I am currently looking.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 06-22-2009, 03:39 PM

Good points Jim. The value will spike when he passes (and it won't be 20 years from now either). I remember having my oil changed last December at the local Ford dealer when they were loading up a 2009 KR500 for a customer in South Dakota. The customer paid the dealer $135k. As I mentioned earlier, you can not get one in the neighborhood of $75k. That's a $60k drop in 6 months! You are right about now being the time to buy. I'd love to get one, but I am now at my 4 collector car cap (wife imposed), so the only move I can make in the near future is getting the 2010 SHO when my daily driver F-150 lease is up in 3k miles. I could liquidate the 86 SSP, 86 GT convert, 67 t-bird and 67 Kaiser/Jeep M715 (which I doubt would get me close to the $40k total I'd need for a GT500, considering it's a buyers market in today's economy). I have a feeling the annual insurance bill would be more for the GT500 than all four of my vehicles combined too.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
Lastly if anyone finds an 07 or 08 GT 500 hard top color vapor with black stripes let me know. (It has to be 100 percent original with no mods, all paperwork, window sticker, low miles, etc etc.) I am currently looking.
My local Ford dealer HAD one for months. Seeing your note, I called them tonight. They recently sold it. :-(

And FYI, Ford first introduced the Vapor color for Mustangs in 2008. That color replaced Tungsten Gray, which was available in 2006 and 2007.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 06-23-2009, 12:52 AM
Let me see yer war face!

Crap! So my EVOC car wasn't really an EVOC car?? What the hell?? hahaha Is this even really one of the EVOC cars ? What is with the red seats ?
Old 06-23-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerro View Post
Crap! So my EVOC car wasn't really an EVOC car?? What the hell?? hahaha Is this even really one of the EVOC cars ? What is with the red seats ?
It's the real deal, seller may have meant it's the only EVOC car sold complete.

See the whole article here (photos 9-11):

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/s...tang_articles/

The jury is still out on whether the red GT seats were installed by the CHP. It's possible, they did put a later model air intake on the '92 car.
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 07-11-2013, 12:22 AM

Default 1988 EVOC CHP Training Car

THE REST OF THESE POSTS ARE FROM ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THIS SSP.
BOTH THREADS WERE MERGED TOGETHER TO CONSOLIDATE THE INFORMATION
INTO ONE LOCATION.

I found this gentleman on Bay Area Craigslist and after talking with him, realized that he wanted it to go to a good home, but was only getting offers from drag racers wanting to remove the priceless parts and turn it into a race car. The owner, Jim (and me as well, that's why I'm posting it here!) would really like this rare car to go to a good home and if I had the funds, I'd certainly buy this EVOC training car!
Below is what he had to say. For questions, he can be contacted at: jimacarbuff (at) gmail (dot) com Hope I can help preserve this piece of history.
This THE EVOC SSP high speed training car sold to me as a favor 20 years ago-modified by Ford and CHP=full 6 point cage for safety and great handling,adj. front suspension,full racing harnesses-please e mail for detailed pics I cannot put up at this time-if you are serious. Garaged since NEW! Top has been signed by Pete Brock " This is to be considered Chief Carroll Shelby's high speed training car as built in the secret chile works in tarlinga Texas" Caroll Shelby then signed "I agree" Carroll Shelby. 42,000 original miles-30 miles by CHP-12 by me over 20 years. Adj. front structs-specs for same for all three tracks in N. California. Garaged since new by CHP and myself. All decals,lights,siren in place and working. Mobile 1 since new. Paint as new.
Thanks

Last edited by 28HopUp; 09-10-2013 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Threads merged together
Old 07-11-2013, 12:23 AM

Old 07-11-2013, 07:30 AM

See Rhino's post in the attached earlier thread...http://www.specialservicemustang.net...highlight=EVOC . I'm pretty sure other threads are out here on this one too, but this one has the back story from Rhino.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 07-11-2013, 08:29 AM

12k tops. He will sell it when he starts asking a reasonable price.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 07-11-2013, 10:02 AM

I wish this car would sell for a good dollar amount, but it is just a tough economy for selling specialty cars. Thanks for posting the attached picture. I never knew the Unit Number for this car -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 88CHPevoc.jpg (34.4 KB, 154 views)
Closed Thread