Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Show Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Show Info A place to share information on upcoming shows or other events.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2013, 11:41 PM
RET LEO

Talking Life is too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
I will most likely NOT be attending either show in April 2014. Jack will be finishing up his Senior year in HS, and I cannot see getting away for either show a month before he finishes school. However, we may be able to participate in a Summer show after graduation.
What a shame. You sure theres no way?

I'm taking my son out of school for the event, he's a sophmore in HS. He can't wait and a show like this just can't be missed. He's a good kid with good grades and behaves himself. He will have just turned 16 and hopefully gotten his license. Whatever it costs I am going to get him some laps.These are the things our kids will remember for a lifetime.

When I was 12 my dad took me to see a friend of his up in Nazareth, PA. A guy by the name of Mario, yeah. THAT Mario and he taught me to drive right out back of his house. ( I was a big kid and could easily reach the pedals at 12 ) The next year he invited dad and I to watch him from the pits at Indy. wow. What a memory. Still fresh to this day.

Ten years ago I took my son, then 5 and his two older sisters to their very first concert, none other than the legendary WHO. Paid thru the nose and twisted a few arms to get seats in the pit, center stage. They NEVER forgot it, have been WHO fans ever since.

I realized that all the many hours I was putting in as a LEO was depriving me of my family and they of me. I just went in and pulled the pin. Just like that. We are put on this earth for a very, very short period of time and we need to make the most of it. Working and making money isnt everything. Enjoying time and making memories with those we love is what it's all about, That and tinkering with our SSP's.