Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:35 AM

Default 1984 CHP

Found this on C.L. don't know if it's been posted yet.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/3236262927.html
Old 09-01-2012, 09:06 AM
VIN guru

Here's the ad...

Quote:
1984 California Highway Patrol Mustang restored back to black & white (Gardena Los Angeles- Lax airport area)
Date: 2012-08-28, 7:20PM PDT

1984 California Highway Patrol Mustang SSP, 1st year SSP for California (((((YOU TUBE VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quY-teH7FMU
1984 Ford Mustang*"EX" California Highway patrol vehicle, unit #2672, V8, 5.0, 5 speed, black and white exterior color, 1st year of the SSP(Special service package) mustang. In 1982, the CHP ordered 406 cars, in 1983 there were 0 cars ordered and then in 1984 they were re introduced as SSP. This car I have personally owned for 3 years. During that time, I have replaced the original engine because the block was bad when I purchased it) It was replaced with a newer roller one with E7 heads. I kept all of the original components with the newer engine such as the 84 factory 302*intake manifold, exhaust manifolds, factory 4bbl carb(rebuilt) and original 84 T5 transmission.*This car*runs and drives great*and has plenty of power with the addition of the newer roller motor. Also, the brakes have been replaced with newer ones.*The tires are brand new and all are matching. Exterior, the car was painted white by the CHP back in 87 when sold to the public. That is how I received the car when I purchased it in 2009. Since then, I had the original paint stripped off of the car and was resprayed(1.5 years ago) its original CHP black and white color scheme when in service in 1984. Before being painted, all of the*lights, moldings around the front windows, windshield wiper grill, door trim moldings, roof drip moldings, door locks and emblems were removed. The car was then prepped, masked and painted with*2 stage*Matrix paint that was color/wet sanded and polished for that show quality look. The paint on this car is fabulous and is much better than it ever was when painted by Ford in 1984.*The car was never in any accidents and the radiator support, doors and quarter panels did not have any accident damage.*Then, the original*CHP decals*were put back on the car. These are 100% correct and authentic. Very difficult to find these. Interior, new beige carpet was ordered by 5.0 restoration, original dash cover was replaced with a newer one in excellent condition and reconditioned to its original color, the factory headliner was removed and replaced with a brand new original vinyl headliner and the seats were in excellent condition so they were professionally dyed there original sand biege color.These 1984 California highway patrol mustangs are very hard to find in restored or unrestored condition. I have not yet been able to see a restored 1984 CHP car at all for the last 10 years.*This car is a great car if you plan to use it in*car shows, public events, or you have a business in law enforcement that you want to promote for this purpose.*Now, the only thing that would make this car*100% complete would be the 2 CHP spotlights, rear deck wigwag lights, cb radio, roof and quarter panel antennaes.* This*car has always been stored for the last 3 years in my personal wherehouse and has never ever been stored or left outside. I recently did transport this car one time from one wherehouse to another one of mine and I recieved so much attention with this car that people were trying to get my attention while I was moving it. MAKE OFFER regarding the price!!! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to give me a call at ((((((310 696 9425)))))). Thanks, for your interest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quY-teH7FMU