Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:55 PM

Default 1987 CHP Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang...m=231631894379

In 1987 the California Highway Patrol ordered 175 Mustangs for patrol use. This is one of them but what truly sets it apart is it's history after it's time with CHP. In 1990, this car was transferred to Caltrans (state highway department) where it remained until October 2014. This car was owned by the state of California for 27 years until sold last year. This car has been talked about on Mustang SSP forums. According to the Carfax report, it was sold to Caltrans with around 85,000 miles. From 1997 to 2013, it was smogged/emission tested every other year with the documented mileage increasing 1,000 miles or less between smog checks. This Mustang has only 95,222 miles and has to be one of the lowest mile CHP SSPs out there. When sold by CHP it was painted white. Caltrans left the car white during it's service but added a metal shield on top of the hood and front bumper, speculation is the car was used for testing traffic cones but I can't say for sure. I have the original hood and bumper if the buyer wants them but in my opinion they are beyond repair and are for historical value only. I do not have the metal panels that were on the bumper and hood, those were thrown away by the person who bought it from the state. If the buyer is shipping the car these may be difficult items to ship with the car.This is one of the most stock, unmolested police Mustangs in existence. It would be like you walked onto the CHP lot in 1990 and bought it directly from them. This car is listed in the Special Service Mustang.net VIN registry, the license # was E423025, check it out at: specialservicemustang.net Being in California it's whole life, rust is not an issue. The car has been painted in the last year all white like it's been the majority of time. It is a driver quality paint job, it looks good but is not show quality. When it was painted all the lights, window moldings and 1/4 windows were removed. The front lights and emblems are new. The interior is all original with the exception of the headliner, visors and threshold plates which were replaced. The interior is in good original condition. Inside all of the telltale CHP holes remain in the A pillars, side of the instrument cluster, radio surround and rear deck. The car runs great; it runs better than nearly any other SSP I've owned. The air conditioning is not working, I haven't looked into the reason for it. A matching black 10 hole wheel with full size spare is in the trunk as original. If desired, it could be restored to in service CHP specs but doing so would limit it's use to show purposes. I have a restored CHP SSP's but this car is so much fun to drive it would be a dilemma.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:03 PM

Here is a couple pictures. I will get it figured out how to post this with the opening post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 497-vi.jpg (47.1 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg 491-vi.jpg (50.3 KB, 47 views)
Old 07-27-2015, 01:43 PM

I added some of the photos from the ebay listing to the existing page in our VIN Project -

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info184821.htm

I love it when a seller references our VIN Project in their f/s ad.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 07-27-2015, 02:55 PM

What would you guys value this car at? I am interested in it but have no idea what would be a fair value to place on this car.

I know that since it is being sold on Ebay it will prob sell for a slightly inflated price due to the massive amount of exposure Ebay offers to sellers.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:05 AM

$7,500, I reckon.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveoh2go View Post
What would you guys value this car at? I am interested in it but have no idea what would be a fair value to place on this car.

I know that since it is being sold on Ebay it will prob sell for a slightly inflated price due to the massive amount of exposure Ebay offers to sellers.
Would need to ask yourself: "how often does a complete and unmolested, low miles, great running, highly desirable agency (with interesting post LE history), 5-speed SSP in near original condition come up for sale anymore?"

I would think this one should command a hefty premium...and be completely worth it IMO. I state this having seen the car in person.
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 08-02-2015, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac88chp View Post
Would need to ask yourself: "how often does a complete and unmolested, low miles, great running, highly desirable agency (with interesting post LE history), 5-speed SSP in near original condition come up for sale anymore?"

I would think this one should command a hefty premium...and be completely worth it IMO. I state this having seen the car in person.
With that endorsement it sounds as though you may be the seller...

Okay, with all that said...what value would you place on this car?
Old 08-02-2015, 09:02 PM

Not my car.
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 08-02-2015, 09:48 PM

Fiveoh2go do you get it?
Old 08-03-2015, 12:47 AM

Didn't meet reserve at just over $7k.