Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:31 PM

Default 1982 CHP on ebay

It's back:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982-...item3cbfb341f1
Old 12-12-2011, 12:49 PM

I actually do not remember this 82. I did notice the black lower bumpers fore and aft (although he claims the car was painted a different color when sold by the CHP). Quoting the ad for posterity -

Quote:
1982 Ford Mustang Special Service Package Police Car.
This is one of 406 ordered by the California Highway Patrol in 1982.
I purchased this car in hopes of restoring it pack to in-service condition. I have spent the last several years tracking down all of the equipment that was installed in the car by the CHP. This car was running when it was parked two years ago, and has been stored in a carport in sunny Arizona. This car along with all of the hard to find equipment could be a great starting point to restore it. The car has a clear Arizona title and is ready for sale and pick up.

Car information
The car has several layers of paint on it. The original black and white. The next color is copper that the State of California painted it when sold at auction. Then it has two coats of can spray paint of gray primer, and then white.
Somewhere in its past, someone changed out the original seats and painted the plastic interior black. The black seats and carpet have been removed. I have acquired front and rear seat, and two door panels for the restoration. The seats can be used as foundation for recovering and the door panels can be painted to the correct color. The engine is a 302 v8 with the powered by Ford valve covers. The transmission is a 4 speed.

California Highway Patrol equipment and markings
The car has both "Buck Tabs" on the radiator support. It has the number of 0548 painted on the edge of the drivers door. This was the vehicle number given to it by the CHP. There is a hole in the front bumper for the siren speaker. There are two spotlights on the A pillars. The speedometer is marked Certified. There are holes in the floor pan where the shotgun rack and the extra seat belts were mounted.

Special CHP equipment
Two NOS CHP spotlights one clear and one red, One Unitrol 131 headlight flasher, One electric shotgun rack, Two rear emergency yellow and red deck lights, One California State First Aid Kit box with trunk mounting bracket, One Federal CC1 siren custom siren, One GE/Motorola radio with trunk units and correct radio head, Two blue and gold reproduction California license "E" plates with the correct CHP vehicle number, The original blue and gold California license plates.

Photos and questions
I have more photos of the car and will answer any questions. Please send an e-mail address.

MORE PHOTOS AT http://www.flickr.com/photos/1982mustang/
...and let's take that 406 count with a grain of salt.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:39 PM

I think the below thread discussed this one.
http://specialservicemustang.net/for...ead.php?t=3000

If this is the car, it was on CL multiple times and Ebay at least once, maybe twice before. Very few pictures but it always included the equipment. Interesting that the bottoms of the front and rear bumper either remained black this whole time or were painted back to black.