Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 11-10-2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHP8302 View Post
So did you snag this car? It appears that it went for $6500.00.

I hope some one here got it if not you.

Matt
Sorry guys, I couldn't do it. I wanted to, but I couldnt make myself pull the trigger. I just didn't want to go through the stress of a complete repaint right now.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Troop D

Well someone has a new toy... at that price, I don't think they can complain.

Why police should not pursue Stangs...
Why you should not get caught by the police in your Stang...
Old 11-10-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHP0665 View Post
Well someone has a new toy... at that price, I don't think they can complain.
Nope, it was certainly a good deal for someone. I should have jumped on it.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Admin

I can't say that I blame you. I think that the lack of bidding activity speaks volumes.

I was hoping whoever bought it would restore it, but I don't think it'll happen, from the looks of this thread:

http://www.sspmustang.org/forums/sho...9&page=1&pp=10

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 11-13-2007, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
barf
Jim, now is that any way to talk about my latest 86 Mustang? It will be sitting right next to your old LX for the winter. I agree that it would have been better to have had it restored to its original state, but this way it just might be the only undercover SSP in existence! I'm an 86 Mustang collector who has had modified and stock 86 Mustangs since 1986 (8 so far including the clone). I sold 3 this year and bought 2, which brings my collection to 3 (small collection compared to some of you). I had an UHP car that needed a full restoration (sold it to SSPGARY who sold it to NODRAMA, who sold it to someone in FL), which was beyond my budget, patience, and skill set. Everyone enjoys their cars in different ways. I may restore this to its original glory someday, but for now I'll enjoy it as it is. I bet none of you will ever see it in person anyway, so why should it matter what I do with it. Its not like I took an SSP and turned it into a race car. It is still an SSP and I will not misrepresent what it is to anybody. I'm a graphic designer, and I think the GSP look is much more interesting than the plain white variety (no offense to any white SSP owners, and remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder). John did a nice job restoring the car and I think I got a hell of a deal on the car thanks to nobody else bidding on it (my wife was counting on me being outbid too!). If I would have kept the UHP car and spent the money I used on this one for the UHP I would have about a third of a restored SSP and would still have to find the interior equipment plus those dam center caps! I hope I'm allowed to participate here, even though I'm not the SSP purist that many of you seem to be. Thanks for the read,
Bob in MN
Old 11-13-2007, 10:29 PM

Bob,

my "barf" comment was not directed at you. I think the car should have been restored back to CO specs, not turned into something it isn't. Just my personal opinion.

I find it hard to understand why someone would want to do that to an original unmolested ssp. The guy could have done the same thing to a non ssp car and got the same result.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 11-13-2007, 10:43 PM

Coming to a show near you, A restored unmolested UHP SSP complete with center caps, radio, siren and plain white paint job. I agree with Jim, a non SSP car could have been used and gotten the same result. Anyway, you got a great deal on a very rare car.

1993 FHP 813
1986 UHP SSP slicktop- Getting there little by little.
1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD

E
ven grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01

Mustang Club of America member.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Admin

+1 on the non-SSP car.

Bob,

You are definitely welcome to participate here, and no one will be excluded because of having a different opinion.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 11-13-2007, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXNODRAMANOTCH View Post
Jim, now is that any way to talk about my latest 86 Mustang? It will be sitting right next to your old LX for the winter. I agree that it would have been better to have had it restored to its original state, but this way it just might be the only undercover SSP in existence! I'm an 86 Mustang collector who has had modified and stock 86 Mustangs since 1986 (8 so far including the clone). I sold 3 this year and bought 2, which brings my collection to 3 (small collection compared to some of you). I had an UHP car that needed a full restoration (sold it to SSPGARY who sold it to NODRAMA, who sold it to someone in FL), which was beyond my budget, patience, and skill set. Everyone enjoys their cars in different ways. I may restore this to its original glory someday, but for now I'll enjoy it as it is. I bet none of you will ever see it in person anyway, so why should it matter what I do with it. Its not like I took an SSP and turned it into a race car. It is still an SSP and I will not misrepresent what it is to anybody. I'm a graphic designer, and I think the GSP look is much more interesting than the plain white variety (no offense to any white SSP owners, and remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder). John did a nice job restoring the car and I think I got a hell of a deal on the car thanks to nobody else bidding on it (my wife was counting on me being outbid too!). If I would have kept the UHP car and spent the money I used on this one for the UHP I would have about a third of a restored SSP and would still have to find the interior equipment plus those dam center caps! I hope I'm allowed to participate here, even though I'm not the SSP purist that many of you seem to be. Thanks for the read,
Bob in MN
Congrats on getting the car. I was watching it with a fast pulse at the end ready to bid. I just couldnt make myself do it. It wasn't the right car for me, but I'm glad it was for you. I have to agree with Nodrama though, it should have remained a CO car. If I wouldn't have been tasked with reversing all the recent work, it would have been much more attractive to me.

Anyway, Congrats on the fine buy.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXNODRAMANOTCH View Post
I hope I'm allowed to participate here, even though I'm not the SSP purist that many of you seem to be. Thanks for the read,
Bob in MN