Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:24 PM
VIN guru

Default 1992 NCSHP: Richmond, VA

http://sefb.net/forums/showthread.php?50996

N.C. Dept of Crime Control and Public Safety #738499

Quote:
Over the past few months I've been so back and forth about what I wanted to do with this car but I think letting someone else take it would be the best choice for the car because I may have driven it twice in the past month. It sits in the garage and collects dust. I even let the inspection expire because I don't have any interest in the car anymore. I'm not saying the car is a pile of crap, I just no longer care to keep it. Every time I drive it I always have a smile on my face, but then that smile turns to being pissed off because I don't have the money to do what I want with it and I'm tired of it looking like a stock foxbody. I had big plans for the car but that requires money and that is something I don't have. Maybe in a year or so I will be able to buy another foxbody that is somewhat complete with all the mods I want and I just will maintain it, but buying a mostly stock foxbody wasn't the right choice for me I guess. I would love to see someone get the car and instead of turning it into a drag car, restore it back to how it used to be as a NCHP car. That was my plan.

I've owned the car for 11 months. I put about 6k miles on in the time I've owned it. I am the 5th or 6th owner I believe. Car has 158k miles

Auto trans was swapped out for a 5 speed. Trans cooler lines are still on car but obviously not hooked up to anything.
Aftermarket clutch installed from a previous owner. I am not sure which clutch but the pedal is pretty firm so I don't think it's an OE
3.73 gears
Sounds like it has a b cam in it. I don't know for sure, a previous owner put it in.
BBK catless x pipe
Spintech dumps

Struts, tires, tune up, water pump, fuel filter, starter, fan, trans drain and refill, have all been done recently

The car does not have the 16" wheels, it has 15" 10 hole wheels
The car was painted red a few years ago. I think it was a factory red paint code but I am not sure. It's not peeling, but it's starting to fade a little but it does have a clear coat still on the car and the whole car looks the same. Would probably look a lot better waxed. It looks kinda like a flat red, but when it's wet it looks orange lol. The body is in fairly good shape. No rust on the body. However on the passenger side the bottom has a dented scratch and the pinch rail is dented in because some kid threw a paint bucket in the street and I had no time to stop so I hit the bucket, which leads me to the next part.... There's white paint splattered underneath the car and inside the fender wheels. The stuff in the fender wells will come off with a brush, but there is no white paint on the body. The driver's side molding in starting to come off the body but you can only tell up close and door pins are worn. Underneath the car there is only surface rust. Torque boxes are in good shape. The rust that's there can easily be cleaned up and painted.... Inside the car looks great. No cracks in dash, no tears or worn out spots in seats. Carpet looks good. The headliner is starting to sag a little but it's not bad as most. The ashray still has the lid and it works if that tells you anything about the interior lol. The only problem I found inside the car is the cigarette lighter does not work. Could be a fuse but I've never checked it because I didn't have a need for it.

Mechanically..... It runs great. I could see this car being a daily driver to someone if needed. On cold starts you do have to help it idle for about 5 seconds then it idles on it's own. I fought with the idle for a long time and could not figure it out. Before you would have to help it idle for minutes, but after replacing the coolant temp sensor and fixing a vacuum leak it got 90% better. A/C does work but there's no heat. One of the previous owners bypassed the heater core. I don't know if it was leaking but there aren't any signs of it leaking inside the car. I do have a new heater core, but buying a heater core is the easy part of the job. This was never intended for a daily driver so I did not plan to drive it at all in the winter..... I replaced the water pump, but there's a small leak from the pump or gasket after it sits. It does not leak while driving and I've never driven it low on coolant. It's a very small slow leak. Up until I noticed a couple of weeks ago there wasn't any engine oil leak, but I looked under the car to get some pictures and noticed the drain plug(the lower one) was wet with oil. I can't really tell so it could be the drain plug gasket or maybe oil pan, rear main, I don't know. That's also a small leak. The trans gets wet sometimes with fluid and I cannot figure out where it's coming from. Someone told me it might be the seams? I have no idea, but I check the fluid often when I did drive it and it was never really low....

Before the paint bucket incident and now the leaks I was going to ask $4,200 for it... But now???
Old 10-14-2014, 02:01 PM
VIN guru

Price dropped to $4000.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:17 PM
VIN guru

Price dropped to $3800.